After seeing the photos of Eggless Blueberry Muffins on Anushruti’s blog called Divine Taste, I really wanted to give them a try. They looked real yummy and tempting. I just followed her method and the Muffins came out really well. My 2 year old daughter simply loved it and she had almost 2 Muffins in a day.As I stay in Bangalore here in India, I could not find Blueberries, so I used Sun dried Blueberries which was brought for me by my brother-in-law from US. If you cannot find the Blueberries, you can just add other dry fruits or just prepare plain Muffins without adding anything; even these taste good. I found out from Anu’s blog that adding Milk Powder gives good taste and texture to the Muffins. She has a nice collection of Cakes and Muffins prepared using variety of ingredients. Do check it out and when you can spare some time, do try the simple yet superb Eggless Blueberry Muffins.
Eggless Blueberry Muffins Ingredients:
- Blueberries – 180 gms or 1 cup (I used sun dried)
- All Purpose Flour or Maida for coating the Blueberries – 2 tsp
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 210 gms or 1 and 1/2 Cups
- Milk Powder – 100 gms or 3/4 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 100 gms or 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Melted Unsalted Butter – 100 gms or 1/2 Cup
- Milk – 250 ml
- vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Time to Prepare: 1 to 1 and 1/2 hr
Preparation time : 15 mins
Baking time for one tray : 23-25 min
How to Make Eggless Blueberry Muffins :
1) Clean and dry the Blueberries. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle Maida or All purpose flour on them and mix well. This will make sure that the Berries will not sink to the bottom of the muffins. Here I have used Sun dried Blueberries, so I directly sprinkled the flour on the Blueberries and mixed well.
2) In a bowl, mix the All Purpose Flour or Maida, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and sieve thrice before starting the beating process. This method helps to mix all the ingredients properly.
3) Now mix the Powdered Sugar and Milk Powder and keep it ready for beating process.
4) Take the melted Unsalted Butter in a bowl, add the Vanilla Extract to it and mix well with the help of a whisk. Add the Powdered Sugar and Milk powder mixture and beat and add slowly the Milk to it in the middle while beating the ingredients.
5) Divide the sieved ingredients into 3 equal parts. Add the seived ingredients to the Butter-Sugar-Milk mixture step by step in 3 proportions by adding the Milk in the middle of beating process and beat all the ingredients making sure that there are no lumps formed in the batter. Do not over-mix the ingredients during beating process. Anushruti says the secret to good Muffins is “less mixing”. So I prefer here to use always whisk than an electric beater.
6) Gently mix the flour coated Blueberries to the Muffin batter prepared in step 5 such that the Blueberries are distributed evenly throughout the batter.
7) Preheat the oven for 10 min by setting the temperature to 180ºC/350 F. Meanwhile line the Muffin trays with paper cups and fill up to 3/4 cup with Muffin batter. I then just topped some of the Muffins with Blueberries.
8) Bake the Eggless Blueberry Muffins for 23-25 min by setting the temperature to 180ºC in OTG or in Microwave Convection mode till done or till top of the Muffins turn golden brown in color. To check if the Muffins are baked, insert thea tooth pick to one of the Muffins and check if the tooth-pick comes out clean with no batter or flour nothing sticking to it.
9) Remove the baked Eggless Blueberry Muffins from the tray and arrange them on a wire rack to cool it completely.
10) As always I bake the cakes and Muffins in my Microwave Convection mode oven instead of OTG. Refer Eggless Banana Muffins post for the detailed instructions.
Now the Eggless Blueberry Muffins is ready to serve. The quantity suggested here makes 12-15 Muffins or Cup cakes.
- I have used the sun dried Blueberries here. The dried Blueberries tend to sink at the bottom of the Muffins. So I feel better to use the fresh Blueberries than the Sun dried ones.
- Do not beat too much or over-mix the Muffin batter like we do when we beat during Cake preparations. The secret of good Muffins is less mixing or beating.