I posted the Eggless Banana Muffins recipe a few days back. Since they came out so well, I became excited to try out one more variety of Eggless Muffin called Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins which was again posted in Nitya’s blog. The ingredients used in this Muffin is quite different from those used in Eggless Banana Muffins. I have used Wheat Flour and Maida/All Purpose Flour here along with powdered Demerara Sugar and White Sugar. One can try varieties of Eggless Banana Muffins by varying the ingredients used (e.g., you can use Cashews or Walnuts or other dry fruits) and many of these varieties have been posted online in various food blogs.
Like the previous one, I baked the Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in Convection mode of my Microwave. Bake the Muffin for about 22-25 minutes to obtain a nice crust on the outside with tasty and fluffy texture obtained inside. It may take less time to bake Muffins in OTG. Bake in batches if you are not sure about the baking time (time taken can vary with type and make of Oven and the temperature settings). My first batch of Muffins were baked for 20 minutes and they did not turn out to be too fluffy. Next batch I increased the baking time to 22-25 minutes and I was able to obtain soft, delicious Eggless Muffins that everyone loved 🙂
- Ripe Bananas(Morris Banana preferable) – 2
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar(White) – 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar(Demerara Sugar) – 1/2 cup
- Butter to Room Temperature – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate Chips (I used Milk Chocolate Chips)
- Milk – 1/4 cup (Optional)
Time to Prepare: 1 hr
How to Make Eggless Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins:
1) In a bowl, mash the ripe Banana with the help of hand. Ensure that there are no lumps left. I did not puree the Bananas. As per Nitya, you can puree the Banana in a mixer grinder.
2) Mix together all the dry ingredients, i.e., All Purpose Flour/Maida, Wheat flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder. Sieve the mixed ingredients thrice before starting the beating process. Sieving three times helps to mix the ingredients more thoroughly.
3) Grind the White Sugar and Brown Sugar (Demerara) in a mixer grinder and prepare a fine powder out of it. Powdering the Sugar will help in mixing the Butter and Sugar well and in lesser time.
4) Mix the Butter and Powdered Sugar and beat in a beater or with a whisk until you obtain smooth paste. Now add mashed Banana and Vanilla Essence and mix well once.
5) Divide the sieved ingredients from Step 2 into 3 equal parts. Add the sieved dry ingredients to the Butter-Sugar mixture step by step in 3 proportions and beat all the ingredients properly to prepare the Muffin batter. If the batter is found thick, add Milk slowly in the middle of the beating process. The batter must turn just to the pouring consistency. Milk is optional and should be used only to obtain the right thickness of batter and be careful not to dilute the batter.
6) Add the Chocolate Chips and Raisins to the Cake/Muffin batter and mix once. Preserve some Chocolate Chips for the toppings.
7) Preheat the Oven for 10 minutes by setting the temperature to 190ºC. Meanwhile arrange the paper cups in a Muffin tray and fill upto 3/4th of the cup with Muffin batter. Top it with Chocolate Chips.
8)Bake the Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in Oven (Microwave or OTG) for 20-25 minutes by setting the temperature to 190ºC or till done. Baking may take less time in OTG as compared with Microwave. Remove the baked Eggless Muffins from the tray and arrange them on a wire rack to cool completely.
9) I baked the Eggless Banana Chocolate-chip Muffins in Microwave Convection Mode instead of OTG. I have explained how to bake the Muffins in my previous Eggless Banana Muffins post. Pls refer to the same for detailed instructions on how to bake the Muffins in Convection mode.
Now the Eggless Banana Chocolate-chip Muffins are ready to serve. This quantity makes roughly 12-14 Muffins (depends on how much batter your paper cups can hold).