Christmas is nearing and I want to post as many new Cookies and Cake recipes for my dear readers. The season here is winter and we will have children at home due to the long holidays. This means we have hungry and energetic little ones always wanting something to eat. So we need to keep stack of snacks, for which Cookies are good option. I had learnt to make Eggless Butter Cookies long back in my cookery class but never tried at home. Recalling the procedure from my memories, I tried doing the same. From what I learnt, all the measurements were taken in grams and I had to convert for each ingredient’s quantity to cup measurement using google. Unfortunately I got wrong measurements and ended up with spread cookies.
I was very much disappointed at the outcome but did not give up. I phoned my teacher to ask about it and with her instructions again I tried next day. It came out really well. This time I did by using my weighing machine and also measured the same in Cups. Everyone doesn’t own weighing machine, so to help readers, I am giving cup measurements.These cup measurements are perfect. This time the Cookies turned out really good and it did not spread. You cannot expect the Cookies like you get in Bakery. They use Dalda or Margarine instead of Butter. Since it is bad for health, I avoid using those items. Next time I will try with Whole Wheat Flour instead of Maida.
My teacher gave an idea of how the dough should be and I followed her instructions. She said the Cookie dough should be tight. If you add more fat content or water in the dough it will spread while baking and it will be chewy inside and crispy outside. So friends, do not add more Milk or Butter to the dough while making, since this recipe is prepared without Baking Powder. Recipe is simple, just powder the Sugar to very fine, see to it that the granules are not remaining which makes the cookies hard. If you have doubt, sieve it once before adding to Butter. Just mix everything and prepare Cookie dough. Carefully, follow the instructions given below to get delicious butter cookies. If you get perfect Cookies like in the photos, I am sure they just melt in mouth giving utter satisfaction of Homemade feeling. Enjoy this Eggless Butter Cookies with your guests and family.
Eggless Butter Cookies Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 80 grams or 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp
- Unsalted Butter – 40 grams or 3 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – 50 grams or 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1 tsp (To prepare dough)
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes
Baking Time for OTG: 15 to 17 minutes
Baking Time in Convection: 22 minutes
Serves: 13 to 15 Cookies depending on how big balls you make
How to Make Eggless Butter Cookies:
1. Arrange all the ingredients by measuring properly as mentioned above in the ingredients list.
2 In a bowl add Unsalted Butter, powdered Sugar and Vanilla Essence.
3. Beat it well with whisk. No need to use hand blender. Ensure that Sugar dissolves properly. Then add All Purpose Flour or Maida to it.
4. Prepare dough by mixing well with your hand as you would for Chapati dough. Add little Milk to it if the dough is not coming together. Make sure that the prepared dough is tight. If the butter content is more or dough is watery, then the cookies will spread while baking. So take proper measurement while preparing dough.
5. Meanwhile preheat the Oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes. Grease the baking tray and keep it ready.
6. While the Oven is preheating, prepare the medium sized balls (almost equal) from the Cookie dough and arrange in a cookie or baking tray with the proper gap in between.
5. Once the oven is preheated, keep the tray in it and reduce the oven temperature to 180 degree C, keeping both the heating rods should be heated and keep the prepared tray in middle rack and bake it for 15 to 17 minutes. The Cookies will become slight golden colour with the base looking darker than the top. Allow it to cool for minimum half an hour before serving.
In Convection Oven:
1. Follow till step 2. Preheat the Oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes keeping the lower rack grill inside the oven. Arrange the Cookie dough balls on a non-stick tray.
2. Turn the Oven to Convection mode and set the temperature to 180 degree C. Keep the cookie-arranged tray on a lower rack grill and bake it for 22 minutes. It again depends on oven. In LG convection oven it may take less time to bake. May be around 19 to 20 minutes.
1. Grind the Sugar to very fine powder, as the Sugar granules make the cookie hard.
2. Do not add more ingredients than mentioned above. if you want to double the quantity, you can do it by measuring in weighing machine. It comes proper if you measure the ingredients in weighing machine..
3. If the water content in Butter is more or if you add more butter or Milk while kneading, the cookies will spread while baking. Ensure that you make tight dough. It will be very difficult to prepare balls out of it. If so, grease your hands with little butter.
4. These Butter Cookies are made without Baking Powder, so the cookie dough should be little tight so that it will not spread while baking.