When people at home love to eat variety of things, cooking becomes interesting. I have attended few baking classes apart from cookery classes which have helped me to experience the joy of cooking. With minimum 6 to 8 hungry stomachs to feed at home, I have to learn different items with varied tastes. Moreover; online chefs, friends and elders happily teach us cooking new things. I too am happy to share what I have learnt
My daughter is fond of Muffins, Cakes and Cookies. So I keep learning to bake/cook varieties of these [healthy version] eateries. Healthier version means reduce the usage of artificial taste makers, maida, preservatives etc., I use Whole Wheat Flour instead of Maida or All Purpose flour. From many days, she was asking me to buy muffins. I did not buy them, as shop bought ones is not healthy for children. Instead of buying from outside, it is better to try making at home. My husband says, If the Muffins are homemade, within 2 days they are finished,whereas if you buy from outside, it always stays for long in the box and get stale. So we usually try to eat homemade food than outside ones.
Thanks to “Veg Recipes of India” website wherein I found this recipe. She has given more options to try. My natural instincts make me do few alterations here and there. So being health conscious and creative, always gives added taste in my recipes.
I used Demerara Sugar here in my recipe. This gives good taste and colour to the Muffins. In most of my Cookies, Cakes or Muffins recipe, I use Olive Oil since it does not have strong smell like other Oils. Do not use Groundnut Oil. Other than that you can use Sunflower Oil if Olive Oil is not available.
The first time I made these muffins at home, end result was good, everyone liked its taste. So friends, try to make and enjoy this simple yet tasty Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Chips Muffins in your kitchen and please leave your valuable comment on it.
Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Chips Muffins Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup (I used 24 Mantra)
Salt – 1 Pinch
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/3 Cup
Unrefined Cane Sugar or regular Sugar or Demerara Sugar – 1/2 Cup (I have used Demerara Sugar)
Warm Water – 1/2 Cup
Vinegar or Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar – 1/2 Tbsp (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
Vanilla Extract or Essence – 1 tsp
Olive Oil or any neutral tasting Oil – 3 Tbsp (I have used Olive Oil)
Serves: 12 – 15 small sized Muffins
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes
How to Make Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Chips Muffins
1. Sieve the Whole Wheat Flour, Salt and Baking Soda together in a sifter and mix it up well.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the Oven for 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. I use Convection Oven to prepare Cakes, Muffins and Cookies. It has pre heat option and sets automatically for 10 minutes.
3. Heat water for 30 seconds in microwave or in stove for few minutes. It should not be too hot when you touch it. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
4. Add Sugar to the warm water and mix well till it dissolves properly. I have used Demerara Sugar, so you can see brown coloured water in the image.
5. Next, add Olive Oil to the Sugar Water and stir well.
6. Now add Vinegar or Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar and stir well once. I have added Apple Cider Vinegar as it was available in home and I wanted to give it a try.
7. Then add Vanilla Essence and mix well.
8. Now slowly add sieved Dry Ingredients spoon by spoon and begin to mix.
9. Always use whisk to mix for Muffins as it is done by hand and you can control the speed than using hand mixer. Do not over beat the batter; it should be of flowing consistency. Depending on the flour, the batter may thicken, add 1/4 cup water and mix well.
10. Add Chocolate Chips to the batter and mix well.
11. Line the Muffins, I have used ready cups and inside kept white paper cups. Pour the batter to 3/4 of the lined cups and place few Chocolate Chips on top of each cup.
12. Bake Chocolate Chips Muffins in preheated oven in 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes till the top turns brown and when toothpick inserted comes out clean. In Convection Oven, I keep the ready Muffins on the high rack and set the temperature to 180 degree Celsius then bake it for 25-30 minutes. It takes minimum 30 minutes in Convection oven to bake the Muffins. I got 15 small sized Muffins from the above measurements.
13. Keep the Muffins on wire rack to cool after 5 minutes. Keep for at least 1 hour to cool before you remove the paper cups. I found that keeping at least 6-8 hrs standing time gives more taste and also will be easy to remove the papers from the Cups.