Majjige meaning Buttermilk is made by churning curd along with water. Be it for quenching thirst, serving the guest or post lunch drink; Masala Majjige seems to be right for all the occasions. During Ramanavami festival in India, this spicy buttermilk is served for the masses.
Masala Majjige Ingredients :
- Buttermilk – 1 glass
- Green Chilly – 1
- Asafoetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves / Cilantro
Time to Prepare: 10 mins
How to Make Masala Majjige:
- In a vessel, have Buttermilk/Majjige. Add Green Chillies, squeeze them with the help of hand.
- Once the Green Chillies are mixed properly, add Asafoetida, chopped Coriander Leaves and Salt. Ensure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- In South India, Masala Majjige and Belada Panaka/Bel Fruit Juice are served on Rama Navami Hindu festival day, the day people celebrate birth of Lord Rama.
- Buttermilk is good for health with low fat content. Many love to have Buttermilk after lunch/dinner as thirst quencher that helps improve digestion and fight obesity.