Tambli is quite popular in South Karnataka. Palak or Spinach has lots of Iron and Calcium content and hence good for health. It helps to reduce heat and hence beneficial during summer season. The Palak Tambli or Thambuli is good for digestion as well.
This Palak/Spinach Tambli or Tambuli goes well with plain Rice. You can prepare many varieties of Tambli/Tambuli like, Ginger Tambli, Fenugreek seeds Tambli, Brahmi Tambli etc. I will try to post a few of these types of Tambli in coming days.
Palak/Spinach Tambli Ingredients:
- Palak or Spinach leaves – 1 bunch
- Curd or Butter Milk – 1 cup
- Jeera or Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper – 2-3
- Green Chillies – 2
Time to Prepare: 15 mins
How to Make Palak/Spinach Tambli:
- Wash the Palak/Spinach leaves. Cook Palak leaves without adding water in a cooker or in microwave oven for about 2 min. The inherent water content of Palak leaves should be enough for cooking.
2. Grind cooked Palak leaves, Jeera, Pepper, Green Chillies and Salt in a mixer grinder and prepare smooth paste.
3. Transfer the Palak paste into the vessel and add Curd or Butter Milk to this paste and stir well.
Now Palak/Spinach Tambli is ready to serve with plain Rice.