Salad is a combination of assorted vegetables and mild spices. Salad is very good for health. Salad can be served at any point of time during the course of the meal. Thereby it is called Appetizer salad, Main course salad, Side salad, and Dessert salad. By mixing some good protein based ingredients to it, it turns to rich and healthy salad. I have added Rajma also called Mexican Bean to this Salad to make it high protein based salad. A bowl of Rajma Salad just fills the appetite till the next course of meal. Rajma has lots of Proteins, Fiber and carbohydrates in it. This salad which contains vital components aids in growth, digestion and pleases our taste buds. In my Rajma Salad recipe, I have used very few ingredients with simple dressing. Just soak the Rajma overnight and cook them. Remove only the beans and add chopped Onions, Tomatoes, Spring Onions; mix it with the dressing. Serve this dish as a main course salad.
Mexican Bean Salad or Rajma Salad Ingredients:
- Red Kidney Beans or Rajma – 1 Cup
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Chopped Spring Onion – 1/4 Cup
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Olive Oil or Salad Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
Time to Prepare: 15 min
Serves : 3
How to make Mexican Bean Salad or Rajma Salad:
- Soak Rajma or red Kidney Beans overnight or 7-8 hrs in water. Pressure cook the soaked Kidney Beans with same water by adding a pinch of salt until you hear 8-10 whistles or till cooked properly. Keep these cooked beans in the same water until you use them for preparing Salad, as they turn hard if the water is discarded immediately after cooking.
- Chop the Onion and Tomatoes into small pieces. Keep aside.
- To make the dressing take a shaker bottle and into it pour Olive Oil or Salad Oil, Lemon Juice. Add Salt and Black Pepper Powder. Shake well. The dressing for the Salad is now ready.
- Mix the Salad Ingredients in a bowl. Pour the dressing on top of the Salad Ingredients and mix well with the help of a spatula.
The Rajma Salad or the Mexican Bean Salad is ready to serve.
For cold salad refrigerate 10 minutes before serving.