Whenever I go to restaurants for an eat out, buffet is my choice as we get more variety of items. Being a pure vegetarian, finding different items out of the menu is very difficult. I love to opt for more starters & salads. I like Curd based Salads most. I am always fascinated about the way the make salads, wonder how they prepare. Sometimes I think why can’t we women prepare food getting the same taste like the hoteliers. I tried the same Curd based salad at home and its taste turned out awesome. So thought of sharing with you all.
Here in this recipe I have used hung curd. I myself prepare hung curd at home. I prefer not to use regular curd as it has more of water in it which makes the salad to watery depositing at the bottom of the bowl. Hung curd helps to marinate properly with the cut vegetables or fruits. I will post how to prepare hung curd at home shortly. The recipe is very simple. I have used chopped Parsley for this Curd based Salad and added Honey, Red Chilli Flakes, Salt. Finally, I mixed it well. Chop the vegetables & fruits listed below. Mix the Curd based dressing to the chopped items just 15 minutes before you serve, so that it marinates well. Do not add before, as it leaves the water. The pineapple chunks gives an awesome taste especially for the curd based Salads. Try and enjoy the different varieties of Salads in your daily menu. I shall post more salad recipes in the coming days.
Curd Based Salad with Parsley Dressing Ingredients:
- Lettuce – 7 to 8 leaves (Any variety of Lettuce can be used, I use Iceberg Lettuce & which can be kept for 4-5 days in refrigerator)
- Yellow bell pepper – 1/4
- Cherry tomatoes – 3
- Cucumber – 1
- Carrot – 1/2
- Pineapple – 1/4
- Apple – 1/2
Hung Curd Parsley Dressing Ingredients:
- Hung curd – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Parsley – 1 Tbsp
- Honey or Sugar – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – pinch (optional)
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
How to Make Curd Based Salad with Parsley Dressing:
1. Wash & soak the Lettuce in Salt water for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and chop it.
2. Peal & chop the Carrot. Chop all the other vegetables & fruits like Yellow Bell-pepper, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pineapple and Apple into cubes.
3. Transfer the chopped vegetables & fruits to a mixing bowl. Refrigerate it if you are serving late.
4. To prepare the dressing; take a bowl, add Hung Curd, Chopped Parsley, Honey, Pepper Powder, Red Chili Flakes and Salt. Mix it well with a whisk.
5. Add the above Hung Curd Parsley dressing to the chopped Fruits & Vegetables and marinate for 15 minutes before serving.