Masala Papad is very easy to prepare at home; just by adding few ingredients – chopped Onions and Tomatoes as toppings on a Papad. When we visit the restaurants for Lunch or Dinner we usually order the Masala Papad. Cost of it is high compared to homemade ones. When I prepare at home, this Masala Papad is done within no time at all in just 10-15 min. And It really tastes great. if required, one can sprinkle more Red Chilli Powder after spreading the toppings on the fried or roasted papad.
Here I have shown two versions: ingredients on Papad and another with above toppings on Salted Biscuits. Both taste good. We can attract children who are not fond of raw Onions and Tomatoes to have them by topping this mixture on the Salted Biscuits.
Monaco Biscuits or Salted Biscuits- 7-8
- Medium Sized Onion – 1
- Medium Sized Tomato – 1
- Red Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Time to Prepare: 15 min
How to Make Masala Papad :
- Finely chop the Onion and Tomato. Keep aside.
- Deep fry or roast the Raw Urad Papad or Lijjit Papad (I prefer Lijjit Papad). Remove the excess Oil by keeping them on a paper towels. Keep aside.
- Transfer the chopped Onions and Tomatoes into a bowl. Add Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Lemon Juice and chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro. Mix well with the help of spatula.
- Place the roasted or fried Papad on a plate spread the above Onion-Tomato mixture from step 3 and serve immediately.
- The Masala Biscuits can be prepared using the same toppings. Just arrange the salted Biscuits on a plate as in the image and spread the Onion-Tomato toppings.
The taste of Masala Papad or Masala Biscuit is simply Superb.
You can prepare the Onion-Tomato toppings and keep aside, just spread the toppings on the Papad or on the Biscuits just before the time of serving to enjoy the crispiness or crunchiness of the Papad or the Biscuits.