Since long time I was looking for a cake recipe which is quick and easy to make as I wanted to bake that cake and treat myself. Generally I think there is a notion that it is a challenging and tedious task to make cakes and consumes lot of patience. Even if the end part of sentence is true still its lot of fun baking your own cake. Many people just avoid baking and get ready to eat cake from any bakery. But this Eggless Instant Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is an exception to all those notions.
The most simplest, yummy and fun recipe so far i have seen. Your can just bake the cake in 2 minutes like the famous 2 minutes Maggi noodles 🙂 and indulge in hot chocolate mug cake.So, don’t think twice and let’s get ready.
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp (I used brown sugar)
- Milk – 3 tbsp (Room Temperature)
- Cooking Oil (Canola or Vegetable or Sunflower) – 3 tbsp
- Cocoa – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/8 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
- Chocolate Chips (Optional) – Around 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
Time to prepare:
Method 1 : 5 to 10 minutes
Method 2 : 30 to 35 minutes
How to prepare Instant Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake:
Method 1: (Microwave)
- In a Coffee Mug (should be microwave safe) sieve all-purpose flour(Maida) and cocoa powder thoroughly, then add sugar ,baking powder (optional), baking soda and a pinch of salt to it.
- Now add room temperature milk ,oil and vanilla extract to the above dry mixture and mix thoroughly until all the lumps are dissolved. A creamy chocolatey batter is formed.
- Just place gently few choco chips on the batter and do not mix it with the batter.
- Now , give a tap to the mug gently (to get out all bubbles out of mixture if any) and place the mug in microwave (at microwave mode only) for 2 minutes. In these 2 minutes sit on a couch and patiently enjoy the aroma of mug cake being baked 🙂
- After 2 minutes get the mug cake out and it will be all puffed up and it looks sinful :). Thatz it..its done..don’t believe it right? 🙂 simplest cake recipe ever. :).
- Just gorge on it when its hot as it starts getting hard after few hours. Die hard ice cream lovers can feast on it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!
Method 2: (Oven)
- Instead of a coffee mug take a bowl and follow all the steps same way as mentioned in Method 1 to form the cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Now take a Coffee Mug and grease it with butter or oil thoroughly. Pour the cake mixture into greased Coffee Mug and place the Mug in oven and bake it for around 22 to 25 minutes.
- Once baked remove it from oven and let it cool for few minutes and invert it on the plate.Now its ready to feast upon!! 🙂
Notes for both Methods:
- In Method 1 you get an instant cake in just 2 minutes where only microwave mode it used, whereas for Method 2 it takes 25 minutes to make it.
- The advantage of Method 1 is you crave for the cake and its ready in 2 minutes and for another Method the texture of Cake is very much formed and it comes out clean and easy from the mug once its its cooled.
- Even if cake is baked in 2 minutes by Method 1 it does not come out of the Mug clean and easy so best to gorge on it just the way it is. 🙂
- The Coffee Mug should be Microwave and oven Safe and also big in size as once the batter is poured in Mug it should fill to half of the Mug size. Half of the Mug space should be empty as the cake raises and may over flow from the Mug.