During our visit to restaurants for lunch or dinner, it is always pleasant to have starters like veg Kababs or Veg barbecues. These starters are mainly served with a typical Green Chutney that tastes different from the ones we have with sandwich or samosa. This Chutney is my favourite. Hence, it was my desire to prepare this unique Green Chutney at home, but never knew its ingredients. With passion for cooking, I have attended many cookery classes one of which was on Starters. In that class I was able to crack the secret of this Green Chutney. It was really yummy to have it with all the mouth watering starters.
If you want to prepare and store this Chutney for long time; prepare only Pudina – Coriander Chutney. Later while serving, add the Curd and other ingredients to it. If you keep the curd in refrigerator, its taste will differ, so make sure to add fresh curd to it. You can prepare Pudina – Coriander Chutney in bulk and store in freezer for a month.
Green Chutney for Starters Ingredients:
- Fresh Curd whisked – 3/4 Cup
- Chat Masala – Pinch
- Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pudina Chutney – 1/4 Cup
- Black Salt – taste
Pudina – Coriander Chutney Ingredients:
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Pudina / Mint Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2
Time to Prepare: 5 minutes
How to Make Green Chutney for Starters:
1. Clean the Coriander and Pudina leaves by soaking them in water for few minutes. Any dust particles will settle at the bottom of the vessel. Remove the leaves from water and clean once more with good water. Spread them on kitchen towel.
2. Now make the Pudina-Coriander Chutney by adding these cleaned leaves and Green Chillies in a mixer grinder. Grind to smooth paste by adding little water to it.
3. Transfer the Pudina-Coriander Chutney to a bowl and add Jeera Powder, Chat Masala, Black Salt and whisked Curd. Mix well.
Now the Green Chutney for Starters is ready to be served. This can be stored in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days in an air tight container.
For long term usage, you can prepare the Pudina – Coriander Chutney in bulk and store in refrigerator for a month. Do not add more water while making Chutney. Take 1/4 Cup of Chutney from it and add other ingredients whenever required.