It is very hot Summer here in Bangalore with temperature soaring up to maximum of 38 degrees. As always we feel dehydrated and like to drink more liquids. My people at home want variety of Juices in a week. 2 days back my in-laws bought Red Grapes and it was in left in my fruit basket waiting to be made into one juice. So I thought of preparing this simple Grape Juice to quench everyone’s thirst. I prepared this Grapes Juice by adding little Sugar as already the Grapes are sweet. Also added a pinch of Salt and Pepper to get more taste. I did not add the Lemon Juice extract since the Grapes were sour. We all enjoyed the great sweet-sour Grape Juice.
The preparation is simple, Just grind the Grapes in mixer grinder with little Sugar, Salt, Pepper and filter it. Then add water to the remaining pulp and grind it twice to get the 2nd extract to mix it to Juice. Try and enjoy varieties of Juices from my website.
Grapes Juice Ingredients:
- Red Grapes – 1 Cup or 100 grams
- Sugar – 2 tsp (Optional – use only if the Grapes are sour and not sweet)
- Salt – Pinch (Optional)
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Pepper – 2 pinches
- Ice Cubes
- Water – 2 glasses
Serves – 2
Soaking Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
How to Make Grapes Juice:
- Remove the Grapes from its stem and wash 2 to 3 times in plain water and soak it in Salt water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the water and wash once again in normal water for 2 times. This method helps to remove the pesticides in it and the juice will not give the throat itching or cold infection.
- Transfer the Grapes to mixer jar; add Salt, Sugar and Pepper Powder. Grind it till it turns to smooth paste. Strain it once and add water to the pulp. Grind it twice and strain to another vessel.
- Mix well once again with the help of spoon and transfer to a glass and top it with Ice Cubes.
- Soaking the Grapes in Salt water will get rid of Pesticides, so better wash before starting the process. Even if you are eating Green or Red Grapes do the same method, this will help to avoid throat infection.
- Just check before adding the Sugar to the Juice, if the grapes are sweet do not add.
- Adding Pepper Powder, Lemon Juice and Salt will enhance the taste of the Grapes Juice. Ensure the taste of the Grapes before adding the Lemon Juice, if the Grapes are sour, do not add it.