Usually I prepare Strawberry Milkshake at home to quench everyone’s thirst. As Strawberries are very sour in taste my daughter dislikes eating the fruit as it is. The small seeds inside the strawberry makes her crankier. So all the time; I prepare Milkshake and filter it before giving it to her. Few days back I was googling for some other recipes when I caught up with Lincy’s Cook Art website which has many Strawberry recipes in it. I simply adored all her Strawberry recipes with attractive photos. Out of her collection, I was interested in Strawberry Syrup.
We can prepare varieties of Juices and Mock-tails using this simple Strawberry Syrup. I tried and it came out simply superb. She has advised to use Lemon Juice in the recipe, but I didn’t use it as already the Strawberries are sour in taste. If you like more sourness, add it at the end once it cools completely. Prepare this Strawberry Syrup and keep it handy. Enjoy variety of Juices in summer. Soon I am going to post new Juice recipes prepared using this Strawberry Syrup.
Strawberry Syrup Ingredients:
- Strawberries – 15 to 20 big sized
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp (Optional)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
How to Make Strawberry Syrup:
- Rinse Strawberries and wash properly. Pat it dry on a clean cloth before you start the preparation. Chop the Strawberries and transfer them to a mixer jar.
- Now grind the chopped Strawberries to smooth paste. Filter it using a strainer into a vessel in which you are going to boil it.
- After filtering once, you get the seeds and little thick pulp in the strainer. Once again grind this pulp with half cup of water to get smooth paste. Again strain this liquid in to the same vessel.
- Now add Sugar to the Strawberry pulp and boil it for 8 to 10 minutes or till it thickens slightly. Once it cools, it becomes thick.
- Do not over boil this syrup, as it becomes too thick like jam which later makes it difficult to dissolve in water for other recipes.
- Now Strawberry Syrup is ready. Transfer the Syrup to a clean container and refrigerator it. Use whenever needed.
- I have not used Lemon Juice in the Syrup, so if are using, add it at the end after the Strawberry Syrup cools completely. Do not add when the Syrup is still warm. The Syrup may become bitter to taste.