Most of you know about the nutrition of Avocado or Butter Fruit which I have given in my earlier post “Avocado Milkshake”. When my mother-in-law bought Avocado and asked me to do some good recipe out of it, I thought of preparing Paratha. So to say this Avocado Paratha is my invention. I googled and found many Paratha recipes which needed adding different ingredients. In almost all recipes I found that many used minced Garlic. But I decided to change the recipe in my own way and tried this simple yet tasty and soft Avocado Paratha.
Preparation is very easy. Mash the avocado and mix the below listed ingredients with Wheat flour, keep for 30 minutes. Then prepare the Avocado or Butter fruit Paratha as explained. I served this Paratha with my hand made Coconut – Pudina Chutney and Curd mixed with Dahi Vada Raita Masala Powder (which is available in market).
Avocado or Butter Fruit Paratha Ingredients:
- Avocado or Butter Fruit – 1 Medium sized
- Wheat Flour – 2 Cups (It may take little more as the Avocado turns watery when mashed)
- Finely chopped or Grated Onion – 1/4 Cup
- Jeera / Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 Cup
- Oil or Ghee – to apply
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 30 minutes
How to Make Avocado or Butter Fruit Paratha :
1. Wash and cut the Avocado fruit in the middle. Discard the seed and extract the pulp of the Avocado with the help of a spoon.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash this fruit pulp with the help of a potato masher. Even you can use your fingers to do this job.
3. To this add grated or finely chopped Onions, Jeera Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Lemon Juice, Salt and finely chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix well once when it is dry.
4. Now add sufficient Wheat Flour to this Avocado mixture and mix well to make the Avocado Paratha dough as we do for chapati dough. Keep it for setting atleast 30 minutes.
5. Take a small portion of dough and make a ball out of it. With the help of Roller and pin, roll the dough into circle shape like chapati.
6. Preheat the Chapati tawa. Place the rolled Avocado Paratha on it and cook for a minute on one side and then reverse it. Now grease the cooked part with Ghee or Oil and repeat the same on the other side also.
7. Once the Paratha is well cooked put it on a serving plate and serve hot with choice of your favourite Pickle, Coconut Chutney, plain Curd or Curd mixed with Dahi Vada Raita Masala Powder.
- If you feel Avocado Pulp is more and it will make the dough sticky, use less pulp while preparing dough. Do not add water while preparing the dough, already pulp has lots of water content in it.
- Adjust the Wheat Flour accordingly, as dough takes more flour than mentioned above.
- Use more Coriander Leaves as it gives good taste to the Paratha and makes to paratha look colourful.
- Always use good quality powders. If the Dahi Vada Raita Masala Powder is not available, mix a tsp of Jeera Powder and 1/2 tsp of Black salt with Curd to serve.