My daughter wishes to eat different Parathas daily. This inspires me to make variety of parathas. Children are very particular about vegetables. So this is the best way to feed them vegetables. Making their food tasty tempts them to self feed. This is a non-stuffed Paratha, with the mixture of all the ingredients in Wheat flour bound by water. Prepare the Paratha like plain Chapati and apply Ghee or Oil if necessary. Serve it with Pickle, Curd or Chutney.
Cabbage Paratha Ingredients:
- Grated Cabbage – 1 Cup
- Wheat Flour – 1 and 1/2 Cup (More or Less)
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Aamchur Powder or Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp (or Lemon Juice – 1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 Tbsp
- Ghee – to apply
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 30 minutes
How to Make Cabbage Paratha:
1. In a bowl, mix grated Cabbage, Garam Masala, Jeera Powder, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Aamchur Powder or Lemon Juice and Salt.
2. Since we have put Cabbage it leaves water. At this stage mix Wheat Flour. Add enough water and kneed it into soft pliable dough. Rest it for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the Chapati tawa; meanwhile prepare Cabbage Paratha by taking a small portion of dough and making it round in hand. Now with the help of Roller and pin, roll the Cabbage Paratha dough into a big circle like we do for chapati.
4. Place the rolled Cabbage Paratha on preheated tawa and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Cook the other side also by reversing it. Apply Ghee on both the sides.
Serve hot Cabbage Paratha with Pickle, Curd or Chutney.