Spinach is said to be the most nutritious green leafy vegetable. Rich in calcium and mutli vitamins, palak or spinach gives you 90% of daily requirements. Though this leafy vegetable is used in many culinary dishes, best and quickest method is making soup. Spinach Soup with green in colour is lovely to look and yummy to taste. Children will easily fall for this hot spicy drink.
Palak/Spinach Soup Ingredients:
- Palak / Spinach – 1 bunch
- Milk – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small sized
- Green Chillies – 1 (optional)
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Preparation Time: 15 mins
How to Make Palak/Spinach Soup :
- Wash the Palak and cook it without adding water in microwave oven for 2-3 min or in a pressure cooker until you hear a whistle.
- Get a mixer jar, add cooked Palak, Green Chillies, Onion and grind into a smooth paste in the mixer grinder.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Butter in a pan. Once Butter melts add the paste from above and cook for 3-4 min. Now add Salt, Pepper, Sugar and stir for 2 min. At this stage, add a cup of Milk and cook for 3-4 min and remove from the flame.
- Now Palak/Spinach Soup is ready to serve. Palak/Spinach Soup will taste great when served with fried bread pieces.