Most of us love to munch Chocolates. That too, homemade ones give us utmost satisfaction. Many home makers are making profit by manufacturing and selling from their adobe itself. They charge roughly around Rs. 5/- for single simple plain chocolate and Rs. 8-10 for crunchy or dry-fruits-chocolate. If we ourselves make this at home, it will cost us much less. Definitely we can gift these homemade Crackle Chocolates to our near and dear ones. Thereby we can gain some accolades for our hard work. Moreover, children at home will be pleased to have mom made chocolates. So here is an easy method I am sharing on how to make Homemade Crackle Chocolate or Rice Ball Chocolates at home. Follow the simple method which I have explained below and enjoy the delicious Chocolates. I shall post few simple Homemade Chocolates before the onset of New Year.
Usually, I shop the items from K.R. Market as the rates are cheaper. Only drawback is we need to purchase in bulk. For me with many consumers, it works out. The bakers nest shop in K.R. Market or Baking Institute located on Double Road Bangalore or can shop in General Additives in Malleshwaram are my shops for preference. Here we can find many baking and chocolate ingredients. Even Oil based essences are easily available here. You can get the “Morde” Chocolates in most of the department stores. I usually use the same brand. Now if you are done with your shopping, follow these simple steps to get yummy, crunchy and exquisite chocolates.
Making these Crackle Chocolate or Rice Ball Chocolates is an effortless job. Just melt the Chocolates in oven or in double boiling method, add Rice Balls to the melted chocolates and pour it to the mould when it is warm enough. Freeze it for 10 minutes and de-mould the Chocolates on a plate. Once this is done, store it in an airtight container. If you make this in summer, it may melt. So you may need to refrigerate it depending on the weather where you stay. You can store these Homemade Crackle Chocolates or Rice Ball Chocolates up to a month. For non microwave users, check the post Melting Chocolate in my website.
Homemade Crackle Chocolates or Rice Krispies Chocolates Ingredients:
- Chopped Dark Chocolate – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Milk Chocolate – 1/2 Cup
- Rice Balls or Rice Krispies – 1/4 Cup (readymade)
- Chocolate Mould
- Parchment Paper – A4 Size
Time to Prepare: 10 Minutes
Freezing Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 10 – 15 depending on mould size
How to Make Homemade Crackle Chocolates or Rice Krispies Chocolates:
1. Take 2 glass bowls. Put Chopped Dark Chocolate in one bowl and Chopped Milk Chocolate in another.
2. Keep the prepared glass bowl of Chopped Dark Chocolate in oven and microwave high for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Remove the bowl from oven and stir well using spoon. Ensure that there no lumps in the melted Chocolate. If you don’t have a microwave, you can do in the double boiling method. Check the post Melting Chocolate.
3. Repeat the same process for the Chopped Milk Chocolate bowl.
4. Now take one more bowl, mix both the melted Milk and Dark Chocolates and whisk it properly so that both the Chocolates blend well. Do not leave the mixture to cool. It should be warm enough to pour to the Chocolate moulds. If you feel this has cooled and hardened making it difficult to pour in the mould, just microwave for 30 seconds. One should be fast enough to handle it.
5. Now add Rice Balls to the melted Chocolate mixture and mix well using a spoon. Ensure that all the balls are well coated with the melted Chocolate. If you want more crunchiness, add one more table spoon of Rice balls and mix.
6. Next take a Chocolate mould of any shape and pour almost 1 Tbsp of the melted-rice balls chocolate mixture (Again depending on your mould size) to each shaped moulds. You may spill little, do not worry about that. You can remove later and melt it again.
7. Keep the prepared Chocolate mould in freezer and freeze for minimum 10 minutes.
8. Remove the Chocolate mould from freezer, keep it outside for 2 minutes and un-mould them on a plate. Do not force open it, as the mould may crack. Just reverse it and slowly tap once. The Homemade Crackle Chocolates will come out easily.
9. Store it in an airtight container or refrigerate it depending on weather.
Note : Check How to melt Chocolates in double boiling method and in oven before you start the process.