If the Subji is attractive to look people volunteer to eat food and if its taste is very good they ask for more. Capsicum subji is yet another of my recipes which is loved by my family and asked for frequently made. I make this dish look very eye catching by adding colourful vegetables. Its taste is enriched with the different masala powders I put. You too can follow my recipe and get accolades from your family. Serve with plain rice or chapathi, roti, kulcha, naan.
Capsicum Masala or Capsicum Sabji/Sabzi Ingredients:
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper- 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomatoes – 2
- Ginger + Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kitchen King Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Cream – 1 Tbsp
- Cashew Nuts – 8-10
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Prepare Capsicum Sabji/Subzi:
- Chop the Onion, Capsicum and Tomatoes separately into small cube-sized pieces.
- Soak the Cashew Nuts in warm water for 10 min and grind it in a mixer grinder to prepare a smooth paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin seeds/Jeera. Once Cumin Seeds splutter,add chopped Onion, Turmeric Powder and Ginger + Garlic paste and saute until the Onions look transparent.
- Now add chopped Tomatoes and fry until Tomatoes turn soft and are cooked. Then add chopped Capsicum and cook everything together for 2 min.
- Then add Chilli Powder, Jeera Powder, Kitchen King Masala, Garam Masala, Salt and half cup of water and cook for 5-6 min by closing the lid.
- Once the Capsicum are cooked, add Cashew Nuts paste from Step 2 and 1/4 cup of water and cook till the Sabzi gravy turns thick. Finally add Cream to Subzi/Sabji mixture.
Garnish with Coriander leaves.
You can serve Capsicum Masala or Subzi/Sabji with Chapati or Roti.