Ever popular Aloo Sabzi or Potato Curry that can accompany Chapati or Poori. Easy to make yet never failing potato curry dish; everyone I know loves it. Just have Dosa wrap around this Subzi and you have Masala Dosa ready!
- Big sized Potatoes or Aloo – 2
- Onions – 2 Medium sized
- Green Chillies – 3
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- White Lentils or Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 7-8
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp or Dry Mango Powder/Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves or Cilantro
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
How to Prepare:
1) Boil the Potatoes/Aloo in a pressure cooker until you hear 4 whistles or cook them in a microwave on high setting for 12 minutes. Let the cooker pressure to ease.
2) Chop the Green Chillies and Onions. Keep aside.
3) Take out the Potatoes/Aloo from the cooker, remove the skin of the Potatoes. Cut them into cubes or mash them. Keep aside.
4) Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add White Lentils/Urad Dal and add Curry Leaves and Green chillies and fry for a minute.
5) Now add the Onions and Turmeric Powder and cook until the Onions start to look transparent. Add the boiled Potatoes/Aloo from Step 3 and mix well.
Then add Salt, Sugar and Lime Juice or Dry Mango Powder and mix properly. Cook it for 2-3 minutes by closing the lid. Tip: Aloo Sabji/Sabzi or Potato Palya tastes better when you make it using Dry Mango Powder instead of Lemon Juice.
Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Now Potato or Aloo Sabzi/Sabji is ready to serve with Chapati or Poori/Puri.