We often make Sweet Poha/Avalakki/Aval for the festivals and it is also prepared in the temples as an offering to the Lord. I prepared this for Navaratri Puja. It is really easy to prepare, with this Poha recipe requiring only four ingredients with 2 easy steps. But believe me, it tastes really great and Sweet Poha/Avalakki is a big hit with my family any time. Sweet Poha/Aval can be served as an evening snack or can be had when fastening.
Also check out Poha recipes posted my me earlier if you have not seen them – Tamarind Poha/Huli Avalakki, Curd Poha and Avalakki Upkari. Most of these can be prepared on a festival day which involves some fasting but they also make a great breakfast or evening snack.
- Thin Poha/Avalakki/Aval/Atukulu or Thin Beaten Rice – 2 cups
- Fresh Grated Coconut – 3/4 cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Time to Prepare: 10 min
How to Make Sweet Poha/Avalakki/Aval:
- In a bowl, hand mix grated Coconut and Jaggery. Ensure that the Jaggery is mixed really well with grated Coconut.
- Now add Thin Poha/Avalakki and Cardamom Powder to the Coconut-Jaggery mixture and mix them all together properly.
Sweet Poha/Avalakki/Aval is ready to serve.