When you have unexpected guests at home you need not worry for making time consuming dishes. Select one of the Poha recipes from my blogs and do the fastest one. One such Quick and tasty dish is Oggarane Avalakki. Avalakki or the Poha is a light weight cereal made by beating or flatening the raw rice. These dehusked rice has the tendency to absorb any liquids. You just need to soak the avalakki in water for less than 7 minutes and make Oggarane with the below mentioned ingredients. Mix well on stove and serve hot. Fresh Curd can be served as sides with Oggarane Avalakki.
Oggarange Avalakki/Poha is an easy to prepare breakfast dish. Many have this on evenings as well.
Oggarane Avalakki Ingredients:
- Thick Poha or Flattened Rice/Dappa Avalakki – 2 cups (125 * 2 ml)
- Chopped Onions – 1 medium sized
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 small sized
- Chopped Green Chillies – 3-4
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / White Lenthils – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 7-8
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Roasted Gram powder (Powdered Huri kadale or Putani)- 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 20 mins
How to Make Oggarane Avalakki :
- Soak the Poha in water for 5-7 min. Check to ensure that the Poha has turned soft. Try not to soak Poha for more than 7 min. Drain out all the water used for soaking Poha from the vessel and keep Poha aside.
- Heat Oil in a medium sized fry pan; add Mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add Urad Dal, Curry Leaves, Green Chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add chopped Onions and Turmeric powder and fry until Onions turn golden brown.
- Once frying Onions is done, add chopped Tomatoes and cook for 2 min.
- Then add Sugar, Salt and Lemon Juice and mix them well.
- Now add Poha to the contents in the frying pan and mix well with a ladle.
- Finally add Roasted Gram powder and again, ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
Garnish with Coriander leaves. For best taste, serve hot.