Kadale Kalu or Chickpeas Panchakajjaya or Prasadam is usually prepared for Ganesh Chaturthi festival. We also prepare Kai Kadabu which is made up of grated coconut mixed with jaggery and coated with cooked rice flour coating. These two recipes are mainly done in our home for Ganesh Chaturthi. The Channa Panchakajjaya is also served as prasada for relatives and visitors to during this celebration in our home. This Panchakajjaya can be stored for about a week to 10 days in air tight container.
Recipe is very simple, Just dry roast the whole brown Chickpeas till aroma leaves from it, powder it once it cools and add the below listed ingredients with just a well hand mix. So try this Kadale Kalu or Chickpeas Panchakajjaya or Prasadam for coming Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Kadale Kalu or Chickpeas – 2 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Jaggery – 1 and 1/4 Cup (Adjust as per one’s taste)
- Caradom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Preparation Time: 30 mins
How to Make Kadale Kalu or Chickpeas Panchakajjaya or Prasadam :
- Dry roast the Kadale Kalu or Brown Chickpeas till the aroma or the color changes and keep it to cool.
- After it cools, powder the dry roasted Chickpeas in a mixer grinder to a coarse powder in 2-3 batches.
- Transfer to a bowl, add Grated Coconut, Powdered Jaggery and Cardamom Powder and mix well.