Dates Surprise is very simple and easy to make sweet dish. This Dates recipe involves very few ingredients with no baking or cooking involved requiring just a quick few minutes of your time.
I saw its recipe in action in a TV show and seemed like a good try since the effort required for this Dates recipe was quite small.
When I did try, I found that Dates Suprise tasted quite good. It can be quite filling though; sometimes a single Dates Surprise can leave you feeling a little full. Children could love to have this.
Health benefits of Dates are numerous. Whole of Middle East has relied on Dates for centuries due to its nutritional benefits. Dates have high fiber content, rich in minerals and vitamins, recommended for both adults and children. Helpful for constipation and for promoting wellness of heart and intestines, Dates have been found to prevent/cure abdominal cancer.
- Dates – 5
- Milk Powder – 3 Tbsp
- Icing Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Desiccated Coconut – 3 Tbsp
- Badam / Almond – 5
Time to Make : 10 min
How to Prepare:
1. De-seed the Dates and place one Badam/Almond each inside the individual Dates (in the place of the seed removed by you).
2. In a bowl, add Milk Powder, Icing Sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp of Desiccated Coconut. Mix all these ingredients with 1 tsp of water and prepare thick dough. Do not add all the water at once, dough can turn too soft or watery.
3. Divide the dough into 5 equal sized dough balls. Press with hand each of these dough balls to obtain 5 small, Poori/Papad sized dough plates. Position a Date (from Step 1) on one of these Poori/Papad sized dough plates and roll it into oblong shape as shown in the image. Repeat this step for all the remaining four Dates.
4. Now roll these oblong shaped Dates on remaining Desiccated Coconut.
Now Dates surprise is ready to serve. Hope you liked this simple Dates recipe.