There is no city or town in India where you cannot see Carrot Halwa not being sold. This Halwa is a very famous Indian sweet and very fondly made by the home queen in every household. Here I share with you the most adored sweet dish Carrot Halwa which you can prepare for festivals, parties, surprise visitors or for even school snacks. Some people make plain carrot Halwa. But here I have given the khowa mixed carrot Halwa. Few people do not use khowa. You can find much difference in the khowa added version as this gives you an entirely different taste. People just love this and can hardly find people denying this sweet dish Carrot halwa.
Carrot Halwa Ingredients :
- Carrot grated – 3 cups
- Sugar – 1 and 1/4 cups
- Khoa or Khova or Dried Whole Milk – 100 gms
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts – 8-9
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 10
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 30 mins
How to Make Carrot Halwa:
- Cook the grated Carrot with ½ cup Milk in pressure cooker or in microwave for 7-8 min.
- Transfer the cooked carrot to a frying pan on low flame. Add sugar and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add Khoa to this mixture and stir well until no water is left behind. Add Cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat Ghee in a separate frying pan, add Raisins, Cashew nuts and fry until the nuts turn golden brown.
- Add fried ingredients to the Carrot Halwa and stir properly. If needed one can add additional ghee. Remove from flame.
- Your carrot halwa is now ready to be served. Carrot Halwa is one dessert that is liked by most people in the family. It’s also one of those rare desserts which has found a place in hotels and darshinis and hence always available.
- Many recommend carrot halwa with ice cream, notably vanilla ice cream. Personally, I love to have carrot halwa with ice cream.
Note: I have used Khoa, so I did not add much ghee to this preparation. As a replacement to Khoa, one can add 5-6 tsp of extra Ghee to the Carrot Halwa during preparation.