Here is the recipe for Bisi Bele Bath powder. My earlier post describing the Bisi Bele Bath recipe did not make use of this powder and in my experience gives the best taste. You can save some time by having Bisi Bele Bath powder replace some of the ingredients and related steps described there.
Time to Prepare: 15 min
Bisi Bele Bath Powder Ingredients:
- Bengal Gram / Channa Dal – 1/2 cup
- Urad Dal / White Lenthils – 1/2 cup
- Dhaniya / Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Methi / Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
- Dalchini / Cinnamon – 3 inch
- Shalmali/ Kopak Buds or Marathi Moggu – 5 buds
- Elachi / Cardamom – 2
- Laung / Cloves – 2
- Red Chillies – 15-18
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
Time To Make: 15 min
How to Prepare:
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Bengal Gram/Channa Dal and fry for 2 minutes. Then add Urad Dal / White Lenthils and fry until both Dals turn golden brown in color.
- Now add all the other ingredients like Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Cinnamon, Kopak Buds, Cardamom, Cloves and Red Chillies and fry for 5 minutes or until the Red chillies change the color. Then remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Once all the fried ingredients are cooled, transfer them to a mixer jar and grind them in the mixer grinder until you obtain smooth powder as shown.
Bisi Bele Bath Powder is now ready. When preparing Bisi Bele Bath, you can add 2-3 tsp of Bisi Bele Bath Powder (as per your taste) directly to the cooked vegetables. Or if you need Bisi Bele Bath to be a little tastier, then grind 2-3 tsp of Bisi Bele Bath Powder with 1 cup of grated Coconut in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste and then mix it with other ingredients.