We can make many variety of Payasam using different ingredients. Each sweet dish has its own taste. No two dishes taste same. I am at loss of words to explain the taste of Red Pumpkin Payasam. Pumpkin takes very less time to cook so you know that this recipe is also a quick one. Only time taking is to peel the pumpkin’s skin and deseed it. Rest is all easy. Garnish well with Kesar strands and Cashews to make it look more attractive.
Red Pumpkin Payasam Ingredients:
- Red Pumpkin – 1 small sized
- Sugar – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 ltr
- Cashew – 5-6
- Cardamom – 1
- Kesar strands – 4-5 (optional)
How To Make Red Pumpkin Payasam:
- Peel the Pumpkin; cut it into small pieces. Cook it with 1/4 cup of water in pressure cooker or you can cook in Microwave for about 8 min.
- Grind the cooked Pumpkin in a mixer grinder with Cashews and Cardamom and prepare a smooth paste.
- Transfer the Pumpkin paste into a heating vessel on low flame. Add boiled milk and Sugar to it and stir well for 10 min. Remove from the flame.
- Garnish with Kesar strands and grated or cut Cashew pieces.