As said earlier, Peas Pulao is a popular dish of India now made worldwide in Indian Restaurants. Fresh peas are always much better than the frozen ones. If you have to use the frozen peas, remove it from freezer well before and bring it to room temperature. You would have seen usually dry fruits garnished only just before serving in some dishes. Here in Peas Pulao, you need to put them while frying itself and cook along with rice. This procedure makes the flavour of cashew and raisin blend very well with the masala and rice. The entire process can be completed within 30 minutes. Serve this Peas Pulao hot.
Pulav is known across many several continents and Peas Pulao is one of its variants whose preparation is no different from others. The whole preparation can be completed in about 30 min.
Peas Pulav Ingredients:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Green Peas – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies – 3-4
- Onion – 1 Big sized
- Cashew nuts – 6-8
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 10
- Cinnamon or Dalchini – 5-6 small piece of 2 cm long
- Cloves or Lavanga – 2
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-8
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Grated Coconut – 1 Tbsp
Time to Prepare : 30 mins
How To Make Peas Pulao/Pulav:
- Cut onions length wise (like you would for say onion pokada).
- Chop Green chillies into slices length wise (take one big chilli, cut it into 2 pieces).
- Wash Rice well with water. Pour out the water completely and keep the washed rice aside.
- The whole pulav/Pulao preparation can be completed within a pressure cooker container.
- Take the pressure cooker container. Heat Oil and Ghee in the cooker until the Ghee melts.
- Add chopped Onions and fry until it turns lite golden brown.
- Now add Cashew nuts, Raisins, Cinnamon, Cloves, Green chillies and Pepper powder and fry for 2 min.
- Then add washed Rice from step 1 above and fry for 3 min.
- Add 1 cup of Water and 1 cup of Coconut Milk and mix it well. You may add 2 cups of coconut milk instead of water.
- Finally add Salt and Lemon juice, Green Peas and Coriander leaves.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and allow the contents to cook. For best results, when you hear the first whistle of the cooker, switch to low flame and heat for about 5 minutes. Then switch off and allow the pressure of the cooker to ease.
- Once you open the cooker lid, you can add grated Coconut and Coriander leaves and mix it well with Pulav.
Peas Pulav/Pulao is now ready to be served.