Oranges are very good source of Vitamin C, high in potassium, low in saturated fat, very high in fiber and no cholestrol. Oranges are known to be helpful in reduction in the risk of cancer. Orange fruit is grown during the winter season. But now popular brands like Tropicana or Minute Maid have made Orange Juice part of our everyday life, whether it is winter or summer.
One can prepare Fruit salad, Juice and also Jams from Oranges. From Orange Zest (Orange Peel), one can prepare Chutney. One can use Orange Zest as a face pack. Dry the Orange Zest, powder the same and mix with water and apply to the face. It gives glow and softness to the skin.
Here I have prepared Orange Juice by removing the pulp from the Orange pieces. One can also squeeze out the Orange Juice after cutting the Orange into two pieces – this method helps if the Oranges are too small. If the Oranges are quite sweet, then it is a good idea to avoid Sugar Powder. Here goes my simple version of preparing Orange Juice.
- Orange – 4-5
- Water – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 2 Tbsp (optional)
- Ice Cubes – 3-4 (optional)
Time to Prepare: 20 min
How to Make Orange Juice:
- Peel the outer covering of the Orange and seperates the pieces. Remove the seeds and the white covering of each of the Orange pieces and use only the pulp.
- In a mixer jar or in a blender, add Orange pieces, Sugar Powder and Water and grind them all until you obtain a neatly blended juice.
- Extract only the Orange Juice from the pulp by filtering it appropriately, depending on your preference.
- Transfer to a glass and top with Ice cubes. Serve Orange Juice chilled.