After a long break I baked the Muffins as my daughter was eagerly waiting to eat the Chocolate Chips Muffins. When I googled for the Eggless version I found many varieties but my daughter selected this Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins which is done by Sharmi’s Passion, as her photos attracted her. I need to say thanks to Sharmilee for the great recipe. I simply followed her recipe as for her instructions and tips. Muffins turned out awesome. My daughter was not ready to give the Muffins to anyone at home. She alone wanted to enjoy all the Muffins.
Recipe is very simple and easy to prepare. Here the beating process is little different than other recipes which I did earlier. We need to sieve only Maida and rest of the ingredients is added to the Curd-Sugar mixture. Always use the Curd in room temperature. The Oil used while making the Muffins gives good shining too. I used Sunflower Oil. Rice bran Oil can also be used. It is very light and healthy too. I used Dark Chocolate Chips. If it is not available you can replace it with Tuti-fruiti or with any dry fruits. These Muffins are best savoured when it is warm. If you want to consume next day just microwave the Muffins or any homemade cake (without Icing) for 10 seconds. So try this recipe yourself and enjoy the Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins.
Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins Ingredients:
- Maida or All purpose Flour – 1 and 1/2 Cups
- Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips – 1/2 Cup
- Plain yogurt or Curd – 1 Cup
- Granulated Sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/4 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 25 minutes for each batch
How to Make Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins:
- Sieve the Maida twice and keep ready. Cream the Curd and Sugar until the Sugar dissolve properly by mixing well. Next add the Baking Powder, Baking Soda to the Curd-Sugar mixture and mix once. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After the resting time you can see bubbles start to appear in the Curd mixture. Now add Oil, Vanilla Essence and mix well.
- Then add Maida slowly in 2 or 3 batches. Simultaneously beat with whisk or with an electric beater till it blends well with all the ingredients. It should become creamy and thick consistency. Now add the chocolate Chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes by selecting the temperature for 180° C. Meanwhile prepare the muffin tray by keeping the paper cups inside and pour the muffin batter up to 3/4 portion of it. Add few more chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake it in a preheated oven with the same temperature for 22 to 25 minutes (Mine took exactly 25 minutes in my microwave convection oven) or till the tooth pick or fork inserted comes out clean. Once done keep it on a wire rack to cool it. These Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins can be stored for 3 to 4 days.
- I used the powdered Sugar as the Sugar granuals are too thick and it will take more time in beating of Curd and Sugar.
- As Sharmi said in her tips, we can increase the Sugar, so I added 1/4 Cup extra. But I don’t suggest this as we add Chocolate Chips to the Muffins it melts slightly when it is baking which mixes with it adding sweetness.
- Do not rest the batter for more time as the muffins will not puff up like in the first batch. Even for me first batch came better than the other two batches.
- This recipe yields almost 17 muffins in a tray.
- Use homemade or dairy thick curd to prepare the batter. I used Nandini Curd and it turned out good. Always use Curd at room temperature.
- Do not reduce the quantity of Curd or Oil as it spoils the Muffins.