I and my friend had been to Baking Institute of Bangalore. We purchased many items from there like Cake Maida, Bread Maida, Chocolates, Choco Chips, Paper Cups, Moulds and Cookie Cutters etc. My daughter was eager to eat the Muffins and I like to bake the Muffins more than the Cakes, as it looks good and easy to serve. I did some google search. There online I saw this recipe from Rak’s Kitchen which I immediately liked. When I started to cook; thought of doing little changes to my recipe. I added Demerara Sugar instead of normal Sugar.
This time for making muffins, I used the Cake Maida which I bought from Baking Institute of Bangalore. Thought of trying from that and saw the difference in it. The Muffins became really fluffy and very tasty. Also I used paper cups which can be directly kept in the oven without the muffin tray.
So at once I baked 15 muffins. The below mentioned quantity as you can see in the image, can make 15 small sized muffins. I prepared Eggless Choco Chips Muffins twice as many guests came home. So totaly I prepared 30 Muffins and it got finished in two days. I have to tell you this that I prepared the batter twice. For the first batch I had enough corn four which I added along with Maida. Second batch I ran short of corn flour and I didn’t have time to purchase it. So I used only maida even then the second batch muffins also came out very good. Everyone liked this Eggless Choco Chips Muffins. You can try with normal white Sugar also, but then Muffins colour will not be same as in the image. It may be slight golden colour.
Recipe is simple, no need to beat the ingredients for more time. As it is usually said, muffins need little less beating time. That is the reason for raising and getting good muffins. Do not keep the batter for more time, as the active of Baking Soda slowly decreases and the next batch of the Muffins will not be fluffier like the first batch. I use my convection oven to bake the cake or muffins. If I use the tray I can bake only 6 Muffins at a time as the tray rotates while baking. If you can use OTG, it is better to use 12 Muffins tray, which can save power, time and also the batter will not sit for more time. So try and enjoy the simple, tasty Eggless Choco Chips Muffins.
Eggless Choco Chips Muffins Ingredients:
- Maida or All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 Cup minus 3 Tbsp
- Corn Flour – 3 Tbsp
- Chocolate Chips – 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Demerara Sugar – 1 Cup
- Yogurt/ Curd – 1 Cup
- Cooking Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
How to Make Eggless Choco Chips Muffins:
- Mix Maida or All Purpose Flour and Corn Flour. Together, sieve twice to ensure the even mixing of the flours.
- In another mixing bowl, add Curd and Powdered Demerara Sugar. Whisk well until the Sugar dissolves completely. I used my hand blender to for the mixing. Then add Baking Powder, Baking Soda and mix well. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Now you can see the bubbles appearing in the mixture becoming slight frothy. At this stage add Oil and Vanilla Essence. Blend everything well ensuring the even mixing of the batter.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes.
- Then add the Flour to the mixture in 4-5 batches and mix well with the whisker or in hand blender. If you are using hand blender do not over mix. For muffins there is no need to over beat. The batter becomes slightly thicker like the Idly batter.
- Mix a teaspoon of Maida with Choco Chips to coat and add it to the Muffin batter. Mix again with the help of spatula. Line the muffins tray with the paper cups and spoon the batter up to 3/4 in each Muffin cup. Top with few more Choco chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean. Carefully take it out and keep on wire rack to cool down.
- The Choco Chips Muffins tastes yummy once it cools down completely. It can be savoured next day also.
- Do not over beat the batter, as the Muffin turns hard. Use the hand beater if you need to complete it fast.
- If you are using paper cups like the ones shown in the image, you can keep it directly in the oven. You need not use the tray. This way you can make 15 muffins at a time.
- You can use only Maida instead of adding Corn flour to it. Even then the Muffins will be good.