Carrot Kosambari as I said is no similar to the other Kosambaris. Here we need to grate the carrots after peeling of its skin. Just make sure that the moong dal is soaked well. Special thing in this Carrot Kosambari is the seasoning which we give finaly. This makes the Carrot Kosambari crunchy, juicy and colourful. You can serve this Carrot Kosambari with chapathi too.
Carrot Kosambari Salad Ingredients :
- Grated Carrot – 2 cups
- Moong Dal / Mung Bean – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
- Chopped Green Chilly – 2
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
Seasoning / Tempering Ingredients:
- Coconut/Sunflower Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal / White Lenthils – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly – 1
- Curry Leaves – 5
Preparation Time : 10 min
How to Make Carrot Kosambari Salad :
- Soak moong dal in water for an hour until it turns soft. Pour out the water and have the dal transferred to a vessel.
- Add grated Carrot, Lemon Juice, chopped Green Chillies, Coriander leaves and Salt and hand mix the combination.
Seasoning or Frying in Kadai:
- Heat sunflower or coconut oil in frying pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard stops spluttering add urad dal, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Fry well till the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Add Oggarane to the salad combination prepared above. Mix well with spoon or hand.
This health-giving dish can be had with Chapati or on its own like any salad.
Note: You can also add grated coconut to the above combination.