Biscuit Pudding is easy to make yet tasty dessert. I tasted Biscuit Pudding when I participated in Milkmaid competition conducted by Nestle last year. I prepared Marie Biscuit Choco for the contest. Someone prepared Biscuit Pudding presented here and was awarded a prize for best taste. I wanted to try out this recipe and post it here. While Parle-G biscuit was used in the competition, I have used Marie Biscuit here – both taste really good. Since Condensed Milk with the Custard paste already contain quite a bit of Sugar, I thought Marie Biscuit with less sugar would be a good choice too.
Biscuit Pudding can be a great way to make children happy. Many kids like this pudding since it is kept cold in refrigerator and tastes like ice-cream. Hence try this dessert at home and let me know if you like the idea. Also check out other great ideas on how to make Biscuit Pudding on the web. There are so many of them really.
Biscuit Pudding Ingredients:
- Marie Biscuit or Parle-G Biscuit – 10-15
- Milk Maid or Condensed Milk – 1/2 tin or 200 ml
- Banana – 2 Medium sized, if small use 3
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Custard Powder – 2 Tbsp (I used Vanilla flavour)
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Cherries – 2-3 for decorating
Preparation Time : 30 min
Refrigeration Time : 1 to 1 and 1/2 hr
How to Make Biscuit Pudding :
1. In a bowl mix Custard Powder and 1/4 Cup Milk (Milk should be in room temperature). Keep aside.
2. Transfer the remaining 3/4 cup Milk to a vessel, add Sugar and boil until the Sugar dissolves completely. Now add the Custard Powder + Milk mixture from Step 1 to the boiling Milk and heat until the preparation becomes thick without forming lumps. This may take about 10 min of time. Now switch off the flame and let the mixture to cool completely. The Custard Paste required for the Pudding is now ready.
3. Chop the Banana into small chunks and keep aside. Do not chop too early and keep ready since banana may turn black and lose the fresh fruit look/feel.
4. Crush the Biscuits to medium sized pieces (medium would mean about 5-6 pieces from one Marie biscuit). Now take a medium sized bowl as in the image, arrange the first layer at the bottom of the bowl by spreading the crushed 10-13 pieces of Biscuits (Marie Biscuits used here).
5. Now pour 2-3 Tbsp of Condensed Milk on the top of the crushed biscuits, cover the biscuit completly with Condensed Milk. Milk Maid is a good choice for Condensed Milk.
6. Next layer, arrange the chopped Banana from Step 3 on the Condensed Milk/Biscuit layer. On the top of this layer of Bananas, pour 2-3 Tbsp of Custard Paste from Step 2 with the help of spoon and cover the chopped Banana pieces.
7. Repeat the process from crushed Biscuit to Custard Paste i.e., repeat the steps 4, 5 and 6 till the bowl is completely covered. Close the lid and refrigerate for about 1-1/2 hours.
Now the Biscuit Pudding is ready to serve. Garnish with Cherries.
Serving Method :
Once the Biscuit Pudding turns sufficiently cold, take out the Biscuit Pudding with the help of bigger sized spoon from top till all the way to the bottom of the bowl and transfer it to a serving bowl to make ready for serving.
Serve this dessert always chilled; Biscuit Pudding tastes best when cold.