Bengal gram and Cucumber Kosambari is an easy to make dish. Soak the Bengal gram for about 2 hours. This will make it easy to chew and blend. Always select tender Cucumber since it contains lot of water in it. If you do the chopping and seasoning then it is all done. Remember to add salt just before serving in all Cucumber salads as it leaves water once it blends with salt.
- Bengal Gram or Kadale Bele – 1/2 cup
- Cucumber – 1 small
- Chopped Green Chillies – 1
- Chopped Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / White Lenthils – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Red Chilly – 1
How to Prepare:
- Soak the Bengal Gram/Kadale Bele in water and keep it for 2 hr. Pound the soaked Bengal gram slightly.
- Wash the Cucumber; peel out the skin and chop the Cucumber.
- Mix the chopped Cucumber with mashed Bengal gram.
- Add chopped Green chillies, Coriander leaves, Salt and Lemon Juice and mix well.
Seasoning Method :
- Heat oil in a small frying pan; add Mustard seeds. Once Mustard seeds splutter, add Urad dal, cut Red Chillies and Curry leaves. Remove the pan from the flame once the color of Curry leaves changes.
- Add this Tempering/Oggarane to the Salad and mix well.
- The Bengal Gram Cucumber Kosambari Salad is now ready.