Watermelon is a universal fruit and many people just love to have this fruit. Watermelon contains lot of Vitamins, Potassium, low in Sodium and has little or no fat content in it. It has lot of water content (91%) and good to be consumed especially in the summer season. I prepared Watermelon Juice by adding Pepper and Salt to the Watermelon pieces, so that it gives more taste to the Juice.
Watermelon Juice Ingredients:
- Watermelon pieces deseeded – 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – Pinch
- Ice Cubes – 3-4
Time to Prepare : 15 min
How to Make Watermelon Juice:
- In a mixer Jar, add peeled and deseeded Watermelon pieces, Powdered Sugar, Pepper Powder and Salt.
- Grind all the above ingredients until you see a nicely blended liquid.
- Transfer to a glass and top with Ice cubes. Serve Watermelon Juice chilled.
- You know that Powdered Sugar should be added only if Watermelon is not sweet enough for you.
- If needed, you can filter the Watermelon Juice, but Watermelon Juice gives good taste without filtering.
More information about Watermelon:
- Some of us have not heard about a square shaped or a pyramid shaped Watermelon. Japanese grow square shaped Watermelons to save on packing and storage space. Also, don’t miss out on the pyramid and these cute looking human faced Watermelons! You can see heart and star shaped Cucumbers as well in that page.
In Japan, price of square shaped Watermelons is almost double that of regular shaped ones. Other cute shapes are difficult to cultivate and are priced many hundred dollars!
- Watermelon festivals are held annually all across United States during summer. As Watermelon Promotion Board puts it – “At these festivals, you’ll find fun, fresh tastes and lots of watermelon smiles”. If you live in US, you can check the schedule for Watermelon Festival for the current year to know about the Watermelon Festival happening nearest to your location.
Also have a look at their Watermelon Recipes page, specially the recipes involving Watermelon Juice.