Here is a breakfast dish involving Wheat bread. One can call this dish as Vegetarian Omelet/Omelette. If you don’t like to eat eggs, you can prepare Cheese Dal Toast as a replacement for egg Omelet/Omelette. If you are health conscious, avoid Cheese for this recipe. Vegetarian Omelet/Omelette tastes good even without the Cheese. Children may love to have this with Cheese.
I prefer to use Whole Wheat bread or Raagi/Finger Millet bread instead of the regular Maida bread since it is easier to digest. This is one of those healthy recipes which tastes great as well.
Vegetarian Omlet/Omlette or Cheese Dal Bread Toast Ingredients:
- Moong Dal / Mung Bean (Yellow Lenthils) – ½ cup
- Grated Cheese – 100 Gms
- Green Chillies – 4 (if Paste – 1 tsp)
- Chopped Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Bread slices – 6
- Oil to Shallow fry
Time to Prepare: 10-15 mins
How to Make
- Soak Moong Dal for 4 hrs or overnight.
- Have soaked Moong Dal in a mixer jar. Add grated Cheese, Salt, Coriander leaves and Green Chillies. Grind to a fine paste in a mixer grinder.
- Take a bread slice and apply 2 Tbsp of paste from step 2 on one side of the bread.
- Heat the tawa or pan, apply little oil and shallow fry the bread first on the applied paste side. Turn it over and bake on the other side until the bread turns light brown.
Serve Cheese Dal Bread Toast or Vegetarian Omelet/Omelette hot with Chutney or Tomato Sauce or with hot garlic sauce.