Once in a while, we feel like eating light food either for Supper or for Dinner. Whenever I am tired of cooking Chapati, I make this simple Vegetable Sandwich which is not loaded with many spices and cooked vegetables in it. This item is always a welcome in my house for my daughter and husband. Usually I have Green Chutney and Tomato Ketchup stocked at home. In my previous blogs I have explained the recipe of Green Chutney. Please visit the same to know its method.
The variations in the vegetables purely depend on your choices. Here I have used only Cucumber, Tomato and Capsicum. You can add Carrots, Beetroots and Potatoes. These vegetables should be boiled and cut in circle shape before you cook it in Sandwich maker. Even you can choose to add raw onion slices for this sandwich, but it gives little different taste. I prefer to make this Vegetable Sandwich in Sandwich maker only as the raw vegetables cooks well and stick properly to the bread. It is quite difficult in tawa method.
Now let us glance at the preparation of Sandwich which is very easy. Apply Green Chutney to one slice of Bread and Tomato Ketchup to another. Place the sliced vegetables on green chutney applied bread. Add grated Cheese to it and close it with tomato ketchup smeared bread slice. Cook it in Sandwich maker for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the bread becomes golden in colour. If you want to have hard crisp one, keep it for few more minutes. Serve this Vegetable Sandwich with Tomato Ketchup or with Tomato Sauce.
Vegetable Sandwich Ingredients:
- Whole Wheat or White Bread Slices – 10
- Green Chutney – 5 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 5 tsp
- Cucumber – 1 small sized
- Tomato – 1 small sized
- Green Capsicum – 12
- Grated Cheese – 4 Tbsp or Cheese slices 5
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes
How to Make Vegetable Sandwich:
1. Prepare Green Chutney before you start the process. Chop the vegetables like Cucumber, Tomato and Capsicum into thin slices as in the image.
2. Take 2 bread slices; apply Green Chutney for one slice of Bread and Tomato Ketchup for another.
3. Place the vegetables like 4 or 5 slices of Cucumber, Capsicum and 2 pieces of Tomato each on Green Chutney applied bread slice.
4. Top with the Grated Cheese on the Vegetables and cover it with the Tomato Ketchup smeared bread slice.
5. Preheat the Sandwich Maker for 5 minutes, keep the prepared Sandwich breads and close the lid. Allow it to roast till brown. It may take 6 to 8 minutes depending on Sandwich Maker.
6. Remove to a plate. Cut it into desire shape and serve it with Tomato Ketchup or Tomato Sauce.