Veg Hakka Noodles is often called a Chinese dish; likewise you can see Bijapur side people make lengthy flat shyavige (rice noodles) which is commonly consumed with sweet preparation. Please note that noodles come in variety. A Hakka noodle is flat and lengthy, which also taste different from the other noodles. My Daughter Dhanya loves to eat Noodles whenever we go to restaurants. I am sure most of the children demand the same. Usually the chef adds more Tasting Salt or Ajinomoto in almost all the Chinese items in order to enhance the taste. But that much of taste enhancers are not good for health. So, to avoid that, I prepare these attractive dishes at home. Few days back I had posted simple Veg Noodles.
This is Veg Hakka Noodles recipe and is slightly different from the Veg Noodles. I bought mixed Vegetable pack containing ready shredded vegetables from the Namdhari’s. This is specially used for Noodles preparation. Once I had tasted the yummy Veg Hakka Noodles made by my friend Dr. Maheshwari who is also a good cook. Remembering that, I asked her version’s explanation. Eagerly I tried the same very method at home and got praised from my entire family for a fantabulous Veg Hakka Noodles. Hence I am sharing with you the same.
Recipe is quite simple, if you know how to cook Noodles. I am not that good at cooking the Noodles or Pastas. I feel it should not be hard inside, so I cook little more. Since the noodles are thin and long, it is better to chop all the Vegetables lengthwise. This method helps the vegetables blend with added sauces, easy to pick from fork or chopsticks and also makes the dish look attractive. Heat Oil in a pan, add Onions and Ginger Garlic Paste fry with all the Sauces, shredded Vegetables and cook till it becomes crunchy. Finally add required amount of Salt and the cooked Noodles. Mix well and serve with Tomato Sauce or Ketchup. Now I hope you will try to make this simple Veg Hakka Noodles at your home. Enjoy eating your self-cooked Veg Hakka Noodles with family.
Veg Hakka Noodles Ingredients:
- Hakka Noodles – 1 Packet (250 grams)
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 Cups (Shredded normal and Purple Cabbage,
- Carrots, Baby Corn, Beans)
- Onion – 1Cut lengthwise
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce or Ketchup – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped Spring Onions – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ajinomoto or Tasting Salt – Pinch (Optional) (I did not use)
Note: If you are using Tomato Ketchup, then add 2 Green Chillies for spiciness. If you are using Tomato Hot and Sweet Sauce then do not add Green Chillies, as the Sauce itself is too spicy.
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
How to Make Veg Hakka Noodles:
1. Take a big vessel. Add more water say about 1 and 1/2 litre and boil it. Once the water starts to boil, add Hakka Noodles.
2. It will sit at the bottom of the vessel first then starts to boil. Add 1 tsp of Oil it.
3. Cook till it becomes slightly soft. Just press with fingers and check in between. It may take 10 minutes to cook the Noodles.
4. Immediately transfer to a colander or strainer. Drain hot water, add normal water and again drain. Then slowly separate the noodles that are sticking to each other. Keep it aside spread over a large plate or basin.
5. Heat Oil in a Pan, add chopped Onions and fry till they become translucent.
6. Mix all the Sauces like Soya Sauce, Vinegar, Chilli Sauce, Tomato Sauce or Ketchup in a bowl and keep it ready and also the Vegetables.
7. Then add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till you get good aroma from it. Now add mixed Sauces to the above fried Onions and mix well once.
8. Next add the Vegetables and fry in Oil itself till it is half cooked, when you bite it should be crunchy.
9. Now add Salt and mix once again. Then add cooked Hakka Noodles and mix slowly with two spatulas, ensuring that the Noodles do not break. I over cooked the Noodles, so it got broken while mixing, but the taste did not differ.
10. Mix everything well and cook it over a low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes and switch off the flame.