I prepared Capsicum Rice Bath using Vangi Bath Powder, which was posted long ago. Many of my blog readers requested me to post this and hence I tried it with the below measurements. It turned out well. I used ready-to-use Powder when I prepared and posted Capsicum Rice Bath. It had come out well using this powder.
One can also find this Powder in departmental stores. We can use ready-to-use Vangi Bath Powder of MTR, and of course, you can also find many other companies’ powders in stores. I have not yet posted this recipe using Brinjal/Eggplant in my website, but I will surely prepare it and post as soon as possible.
Vangi Bath Powder Ingredients:
- Coriander Seeds or Dhaniya – 100 gms
- Red Chillies – 50 gms
- Cinnamon/Dalchini (1 inch piece) – 8
- Bengal Gram or Channa Dal – 100 gms
- White Lengthils or Urad dal – 50 gms
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
Time to Prepare: 10-15 min
How to Make Vangi Bath Powder:
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed above separately except Salt and Turmeric Powder until it gives a good aroma.
- Mix all the ingredients in a plate and leave it to cool completely.
- Once cooled down, transfer the roasted ingredients to a mixer grinder with Salt and Turmeric Powder and grind it to smooth powder.
- Now the Vangi Bath Powder is ready. Store it in an airtight container for longer use.
Red Chilies can be mixed of two varieties (Byadagi and Guntoor) according to the spice levels. Red Byadgi Chilies give good color and Guntoor Chilies give spice to the Vangi Bath Powder. I usually use Byadagi Chilies, as in our home we prefer less spice.