The first time I tried Pasta, it came out very well. Many of my readers are asking me to post varieties of Pastas and hence thought of posting one. The Spinach Pasta is very simple and easy to prepare. This recipe was given to me by my cousin, Soumya. She prepares varieties of Pasta at home. Using Spinach in Pasta gives it good color and taste. We can use any variety of Pastas like Shell Pasta, Penne Pasta, Fusilli Pasta, Maccheroni etc.
One can prepare Spinach Pasta in two ways – one can do it directly without adding the Cheese to it, or can directly add the Cheese to the Pan once the Pasta is completely done. The Cheese will melt with the pan heat. I added the Cheese as the topping and melted it in a preheated oven for 10 min. Try it out and enjoy relishing the Spinach Pasta.
- Fusilli Pasta – 1 and 1/2 Cups
- Small sized Onion – 2
- Medium sized Tomatoes – 1
- Spinach or Palak – 1 Cup or 15 Big sized Leaves (approx)
- Green Capsicum – 1/2
- Garlic – 3 Pods
- Pepper Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Italian Seasoning or Pasta Seasoning or Oregano – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Grated Cheese – 1/4 Cup (I used Mozzarella)
- Oil – 1/2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Make Spinach Pasta:
- Boil 2 liters of Water in a vessel, add 1/4 tsp of Salt and Oil. Once the water starts to boil, add Fusilli Pasta and cook for 10-15 minutes (it may take less time to cook other types of Pastas). Stir in between and cook until it is slightly soft, yet crunchy to bite. Once done, drain the water and immediately add the normal water to the cooked pasta so that the Pastas do not stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Chop all the Vegetables like, Garlic, Onion, Tomato and Capsicum into small pieces (I have not used Capsicum; it was not at hand).
- Cook the Spinach/Palak outside or in a microwave. Once cooked, cool and prepare Palak Puree by grinding in a mixer grinder.
- Heat Butter in a pan, add chopped Garlic and fry for a minute. Add chopped Onions and fry until it turns golden in color. Then add chopped Capsicum and fry until it turns soft. This may take 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chopped Tomatoes and cook until it turns soft and mushy. Next add the cooked Palak Puree and cook for one boil and add Salt, Pepper, and Pasta Seasonings and mix well.
- Add the cooked Fusilli Pasta and mix well until the mixture coats the Pasta.
- Preheat the oven for 200 C for 10 minutes. Transfer the prepared Spinach Pasta to the bowl and spread grated Cheese on it and bake the Spinach for 10 min or until the Cheese melts.
Serve the Spinach Pasta when it is hot.
- One can have the Spinach Pasta without adding Cheese.
- While cooking the Pasta, Salt is added to the water, and the Cheese also contains Salt. So take care when adding Salt to the Pasta preparation.
- I used a Convection Mode Oven to melt the Cheese. OTG can be used to melt the Cheese. You may be able to use the normal Microwave to melt Cheese.
- If you would like to add Mushrooms to this Pasta, add after the tomatoes are done. I have not added Mushrooms to the recipe.