Spicy Poha or Poha Snack can be had as an evening time snack. It tastes great and takes hardly any time and effort to prepare. I have used Rasam Powder here but I can imagine many other variations of such a preparation like the Poha Onion Chat recipe or this one prepared with black chickpeas. If you are wondering if Rasam Powder is really the right one for this snack here, do try this out at home and you will find this spiced up preparation to be surprisingly good on your tongue. If you have your version of quick and easy Poha snack, do share it with me here in the comments and I will be happy to try it out.
You may also want to give Poha or Avalakki Upkari a try.
Update: Posted home-made Rasam Powder recipe.
Spicy Poha Ingredients:
- Thin Poha or Thin Flattened Rice or Paper Avalakki/Atukulu – 2 1/2 cups
- Rasam powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
Time to Prepare : 10-15 min
How to Make Spicy Poha or Poha Snack:
- In a bowl, have Grated Coconut, Rasam Powder, Salt and Sugar. Hand mix all the ingredients for a minute.
- Now add the Thin Poha or Paper Avalakki to the bowl and mix well by pressing with the fingers, so that all the other ingredients blend well with Poha or Avalakki.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves / Cilantro.
Now Spicy Poha or Poha Masala is ready to serve. This dish must be served when it is fresh since Poha can dry quickly. If the Poha turns dry, one can have this Spicy Poha or Masala Poha with Curd.