Rava Laddu or Ladoo is easy to prepare and very tasty. I had Rava Laddu often as a child; my mother used to prepare it at least once in a month for three of us. Some or the other snacks or Laddus were always there in my mother’s kitchen for us to munch on in the evening, after school or during our college days. Even my friends loved to eat my Mother’s Rava Laddu or Ladoo, and now Rava Laddu Balls are my hubby’s favorite too; he always brings them from the sweet shop! I always make fun of him for this, but he says Rava Laddu is his favorite sweet. Since he likes it so much, I thought of preparing it for him.
I took this recipe from my mother. She usually used the medium sized Rava to prepare this Laddu or Ladoo. I used the same type of Semolina. Prepare Sugar syrup and add the roasted ingredients. Mix well and prepare Laddoo when it’s warm, and in no time the Rava Ladoos are done.
- Semolina or Rava (Medium sized) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Ghee – 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp for frying Dry fruits
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew Nuts
Time to Prepare: 15 min
How to Make Rava Laddu or Rava Ladoo:
- Heat 3 Tbsp Ghee in a frying pan, add Rava and fry until you see a slight change in color.
- At this stage, add the Grated Coconut to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then, switch off the flame.
- Heat a Tbsp Ghee in a small frying pan, add Cashew Nuts and Raisins and fry until they turn to golden brown in color; keep aside.
- In another pan or vessel, add Sugar and little water (just enough to immerse the Sugar) and boil until there is one threadlike consistency. Prepare the Sugar syrup and switch off the flame.
- Now add the fried Rava, Grated Coconut mixture, and Cardamom Powder to the Sugar syrup and mix well with a spatula.
- Leave the mixture to cool for 10 minutes so that you can prepare Laddus by taking the mixture in hand.
- Form the Laddu by taking a small portion of mixture in hand and add the fried Cashew Nuts and Raisins in the middle or top of the each Laddu as in the image. Proceed in the same way for other Rava Laddus and arrange them on a plate to cool and harden a little.
Now the Rava Laddus or Ladoos is ready to serve. You can prepare this Rava Laddu for the festivals, too!