Mint Juice is a health drink which can be prepared quickly any time. The recipe I have provided involves Lemon Juice and seasonings like Pepper, Cumin/Jeera Powder and Dry Mango powder. These seasonings provide additional taste and carry their own health benefits when used moderately.
Pudina/Mint Juice Ingredients:
- Mint Leaves or Pudina Leaves – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar powder – 3 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder or Amchur powder – 2 pinches
How to Prepare:
- Take handful of Mint/Pudina leaves and grind in mixer grinder with enough water. If you prefer, you may use a filter to filter out the ground leaves to obtain Mint juice.
- Take a vessel, add all the ingredients including the Pudina liquid/paste. Add suitable quantity of water and mix all ingredients well. Stir with a spoon.
- Keep the Pudina/Mint Juice in the refrigerator for an hour.
Serve Pudina Juice or Mint Juice chilled.
The health benefits of Mint Juice are many. Mint Juice along with Lemon Juice can act as an appetizer. Mint can help control acidity, indigestion and vomiting.
Concentrated Mint Juice, when applied on skin, is known to control blackheads and pimples, reduce acne and itching. Application of mashed Mint leaves on skin also helps reduce dryness of skin and rejuvenate it. Drinking Mint Juice during summer promotes healthy skin helps beat summer heat.
Mint Juice can act as a mouth freshener. It promotes dental hygiene, improves sense of taste and hence Mint is found products like mint chewing gums, tooth care products, breath fresheners, mouthwash etc.
Strong aroma of Mint or Pudina has been employed in relieving headaches and nausea in Aromatherapy.
Mint Juice or Pudina Juice is a rich source of Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Iron and Vitamins notably Vitamin A and Vitamin C.