There are two varieties of Pomegranate available in market one is seeded and other seedless. Now a days, most commonly sold are seedless Pomegranate. The seeded ones are the most nutritious fruits of nature. Pomegranate contains vitamin C, K and flavonoids in it. It has excellent dietary fiber and Pomegranate are also used in Ayurvedic Medicine. The dried rind of the fruit is powered and boiled in water (Kashaya) given as the medicine to stop the diarrhoea.
We can prepare varieties of dishes using Pomegranate seeds like Salads, Raita, and Juices. It is also used in fruit chats. Pomegranate Raita is very tasty and easy to prepare. The dried Pomegranate seeds are used in many curries especially in Channa Masala. Here I have prepared simple Pomegranate Raita which can be served with Pulaos or can be served as it is. Now go ahead, try and enjoy this simply delicious Raita.
- Pomegranate Seeds – 1/2 Cup
- Curd / Plain Yogurt – 1 Cup
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Time to Prepare: 10 min
How to Make Pomegranate Raita:
- In a mixing bowl, add Curd, Salt, Black Salt and Cumin / Jeera Powder and mix well with spoon. See to it that all the ingredients blend well with Curd.
- Transfer Pomegranate Seeds (Leave some seeds for garnish), to a mixing bowl and mix well with the blended yogurt. Now Pomegranate Raita is ready.