Spinach Baby Corn curry at first look appears to be a decorative item on the dining table. Go near it and its aroma is so attractive that you are tempted to dip a finger to taste it. Whenever I prepare this at home, my child just cannot wait for the rotis to be done. So now I always prepare soft rotis or pulkas first and then prepare this delicious Spinach Baby Corn curry. This curry is not only yummy to eat but also very healthy dish. Clean the palak thoroughly with water. Cutting baby corn in round shape gives good look to the curry. The rest of the method is simple. So make this special dish and serve with pulka, roti or chapathi.
Ingredients for Palak or Spinach Baby Corn Curry :
- Palak or Spinach – 1 bunch
- Baby Corn – 5-6
- Onion – 1
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera – 3/4 tsp
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Dhaniya or Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
Time to Prepare: 20 mins
How to Make Palak or Spinach Baby Corn Curry:
- Cut the Baby Corn into round shaped pieces and cook them with 1/4 tsp of Salt and Lemon Juice in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles or in a microwave on high setting for 5 min.
- Wash the Palak or Spinach leaves thoroughly. Cook Palak/Spinach leaves in a Kadai without adding water to it. Leave it to cool. Then prepare Palak paste by grinding it in a mixer grinder.
- Chop the Onion and grind it in a mixer grinder and prepare Onion Paste.
- Heat Oil in pan, add Jeera seeds. Once Jeera seeds splutter, add Onion Paste and fry until the raw smell of Onion paste disappears. Then add Ginger + Garlic Paste and fry for 2 more minutes.
- At this stage add Palak Paste from Step 2 and cook for 2 min.
- Now add all masala powders – Dhaniya or Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala and 1/4 cup of water and cook for a min.
- Now add cooked Baby Corn from Step 1, Salt and Sugar. Cook for 5-6 min or until the curry ingredients blend well with Baby Corn.
Now Palak or Spinach Baby Corn Curry is ready to serve with Chapati or Nan or with Roti.