Childhood days are golden days. We 3 sisters still remember that beautiful era where in we used to enjoy our mom cooked different variety of lovely dishes. Now we are moms and we do the same to make our kids happy. I still remember when my father bought a single bread sandwich maker; we used to keep it on stove and prepare Sandwich after Sandwich and enjoy sharing with one another. Though it was time consuming to prepare for each one of us, we used to patiently wait and relish them happily with whatever stacked jam or morabba.
My mom used to prepare this Onion-Tomato-Carrot Sabji for Chapati. I have learnt many dishes from her, Dad and MIL as well. Their guidance has helped me to make elegant dishes and got me accolades. Though making different breakfast items and packing lunch boxes is a big task, it gives me full satisfaction when I see happy faces enjoying my cooked food. I need to make daily one Chapati roll or a simple Paratha and Curd Rice for Dhanya’s lunch box. Sometimes she likes to take Garlic Bread or Apples for her short break. Today, when I was planning for breakfast and lunch boxes, I remembered my mom’s Onion-Tomato-Carrot Sabji. I thought of an idea of using that sabji for filling to make both Sandwich and Chapati rolls. Shortly I shall post how to make Sandwich and Chapati Rolls using this sabji.
This recipe will take hardly 15 minutes to make. Gather these 3 vegetables. Clean Onion and Tomatoes well and chop them into small pieces. Peel and Grate the carrot. Just make the seasoning, add all the veggies, saute with adding Salt. Using this Onion-Tomato-Carrot Sabji you can make two different dishes, which can be packed for kid’s lunch boxes also.
Onion-Tomato-Carrot Sabji Ingredients:
Onion – 1 Big Sized
Tomato – 1 Big Sized
Carrot – 1 Small Sized
Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Time to Prepare: 15 Minutes
How to Make Onion-Tomato-Carrot Sabji:
1. Clean and chop the Tomato, Onion finely. Peel and Grate the Carrot using small holed grater. Keep everything ready.
2. Heat Oil in a pan over low flame, splutter Mustard Seeds. Add Cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
3. Now add Green Chilli Paste and fry. Later add finely chopped Onions and Turmeric Powder.
4. Saute till the Onions become translucent. Then add chopped Tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
5. Now add grated Carrot and mix well. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes till the grated Carrots get cooked. Do not add water as the Tomato-Onion pieces will leave little water content from it. It is sufficient to cook the vegetables. Now add Salt and mix well.
6. Cook for a while so that the Salt and spice gets absorbed by the vegetables. Finally add chopped Coriander Leaves, mix well and remove from flame.