Summer’s heat wave is banging everyone to thirst and tiredness. I have been trying summertime energy boosters like variety of Juices and Syrups. So you can see there are continuous postings of Fruit Juices, Lemonades and Milkshakes. If we have Syrups ready in the fridge, we can prepare Juice as and when required. Likewise when guests arrive at home it is easy to prepare juices while chatting with them. I have already posted 2 variety Pudina Juice. One with Jaggery and the other with Sugar as base. Those two are instant Juices and this particular one is concentrated. We can store this Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup for about one to one and half months in refrigerator. Always store it in airtight container or in a bottle.
Preparation may take little more time, but end result is always good. Always use fresh Pudina/Mint leaves as it give good aroma to the Juice. Do not add more water than recommended, as it turns watery and every time you need to add more Syrup while mixing. I tried adding Soda Water when I had a heavy lunch. Mint-Ginger-Lemonade tastes great with Soda water too. Adding Ice cubes is purely optional, but this gives more taste to the Lemonade or at least mix with cold water. While preparing Mint-Ginger-Lemonade, you can add more or less Syrup depending on one’s taste buds. Adding Salt while preparing Syrup gives more taste to the Mint-Ginger-Lemonade. So try at your home, store and enjoy whenever needed.
Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup Ingredients:
- Pudina or Mint Leaves – 2 Cups or 1 Big Bunch
- Chopped Ginger – 1 Tbsp
- Jeera or Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Lemon – 4 to 5 or 1/4 Cup Juice
- Sugar – 2 Cups
- Water – 2 Cups
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1 Big glass
- Ice Cubes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
How to Make Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup:
- Clean the Pudina/Mint Leaves twice or thrice with normal water, if the dust is more soak it for 10 minutes and wash properly to get rid of it.
- Add Sugar and 1 Cup of water in a vessel and boil until the Sugar dissolves.
- As the Sugar is getting dissolved, prepare the Pudina paste. In a mixer jar, add Pudina/Mint Leaves, Ginger and Jeera with very little water at a time. Grind till it becomes paste.
- Filter it in a vessel, add remaining water which is left from a cup of water and grind. Repeat this process twice. Add this extracted Pudina-Ginger water to the dissolved Sugar.
- Boil it for 10 minutes or switch of the flame before you get to start a single thread consistency. Now the Syrup is ready.
- Cool it completely, it may take at least one to one and a half hour. Once it cools completely add Lemon Juice and Salt to the Syrup while mixing well. Now the Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup is ready.
- Pour it in a bottle and refrigerator it to use when needed. You can store this Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup in refrigerator for a month.
Lemonade Preparation Time: 5 minutes
How to Make Mint-Ginger-Lemonade:
- Take a long glass, add Mint-Ginger-Lemonade Syrup around 2 Tbsp and add Ice cubes. Then pour water on it and mix well once using spoon or stirrer. Decorate with Lemon piece and Pudina Leaves while serving to get a fancy Lemonade.
- Always add the Lemon Juice at the end once the Syrup is completely cool, else it turns bitter in taste.
- You can add plain Soda Water instead of normal water. It taste great. But do not always use Soda water as it is not healthy.