Methi Parahta Ingredients :
- Methi or Fenugreek Leaves – 3 bunches
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1
- Jeera (Cumin) seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Bengal Gram (Besan) flour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 2 tsp
Preparation Time : 20 min
How to Make Methi Paratha:
1. Clean the Methi leaves thoroughly. Chop it into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan; add Mustard seeds. Once Mustard seeds splutter, add Jeera seeds to the heated oil and fry for few moments. Add chopped onions and fry them until the onions are cooked. Then add chopped Methi leaves and 1 Tbsp of water and leave the Methi leaves to cook.
3. Once the leaves are cooked, add Salt, red Chilly powder, Garam Masala and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the flame and add lemon juice to it. Allow the whole preparation to become cool. Once it cools add Gram flour, Rice flour and Wheat flour; hand knead properly to make dough similar to that of chapatis.
5. Keep the dough aside for half hour.
6. Divide the dough into small balls of suitable size and roll it out and cook like Parathas/Chapati with Ghee.
Serve Methi Paratha with coconut chutney.
Note: If you feel Methi has turned bitter, you can add a single bunch of chopped Palak (Spinach) after adding the Methi leaves to the oil and leave it to cook well.