Indian Food delicacy is filled with variety of dishes which I should mention as Innumerable. Indian specialty Cashew nut curry is extremely delicious. Even the diet conscious people excuse themselves to savour this yummy dish once in a while. I make this recipe at home and save a lot of money as in restaurants it costs more. Since I have already told you in another recipe how to use cashews I will not repeat here. Please refer “Malai Kaju Curry or Cashewnut curry”. Now for this recipe of Kaju curry you need to keep ready chopped onions and tomatoe puree. Just follow the procedure I have given here and you make a tongue tickling Cashew nut curry.
- Cashew Nuts / Kaju pieces – 100 gms
- Tomatoes – 2
- Onion – 1
- Grated Cheese – 1 Tbsp
- Khoa or Khova – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee or Clarified Butter- 1 Tbsp
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Kaju Curry Gravy Ingredients:
- Onion – 1
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 small sized
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped Coriander / Cilantro leaves – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 1
- Coriander Seeds or Dhaniya – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Soanf / Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew Nuts – 5-6
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Prepare Kaju Curry:
- Chop the Onions. Keep aside.
- Chop the Tomatoes and grind the cut Tomatoes in a mixer grinder to prepare Tomato puree. Keep aside.
- Add all the Kaju Curry Gravy Ingredients listed above to a mixer jar and grind it in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste.
- Heat Ghee in a pan, add Jeera. Once Jeera/Cumin seeds splutter, add chopped Onions from Step 1 and fry until the Onion pieces look a bit transparent. Then add Tomato puree from Step 2 and fry till the Ghee separates out from rest of the mixture..
- Now add the ground Kaju Curry Gravy paste from Step 3 to the pan. Add water and cook for 5 min. Then add Khoa, Cheese, Cashew Nuts and Salt and mix all the ingredients ensuring they all blend well. Again cook on a low flame for 5 min and then remove from the flame.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Now your delicious, lip-smacking Kaju Curry is ready to serve with Chapati or Naan or Kulcha.