Tomatoes – 2
Onion – 1
Grated Cheese – 1 Tbsp
Khoa or Khova – 1 Tbsp
Ghee or Clarified Butter- 1 Tbsp
Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2 small sized
Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Coriander / Cilantro leaves – 1 cup
Cardamom – 1
Coriander Seeds or Dhaniya – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds or Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Soanf / Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 5-6
Time to Prepare: 30 min
How to Prepare Kaju Curry:
1) Chop the Onions. Keep aside.
2) Chop the Tomatoes and grind the cut Tomatoes in a mixer grinder to prepare Tomato puree. Keep aside.
3) Add all the Kaju Curry Gravy Ingredients listed above to a mixer jar and grind it in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste.
4) Heat Ghee in a pan, add Jeera. Once Jeera/Cumin seeds splutter, add chopped Onions from Step 1 and fry until the Onion pieces look a bit transparent. Then add Tomato puree from Step 2 and fry till the Ghee separates out from rest of the mixture..
5) Now add the ground Kaju Curry Gravy paste from Step 3 to the pan. Add water and cook for 5 min. Then add Khoa, Cheese, Cashew Nuts and Salt and mix all the ingredients ensuring they all blend well. Again cook on a low flame for 5 min and then remove from the flame.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Now your delicious, lip-smacking Kaju Curry is ready to serve with Chapati or Naan or Kulcha.