Once in a while you need to pamper yourself with tasty, fatty dairy products. If you cook them and use in a curry some amount of calories are reduced. Even the growing children need some fats and carbohydrates since they burn them out more than they consume. So I prefer to make Kaju Curry or Cashewnut curry whose recipe is quite simple. Its ingredients are also easily available in the kitchen and so you need not go hunting for them. Use fresh cream to avoid bitterness in the curry. I suggest you split the cashews and remove the small piece which is in the tip centre. That is said to be containing lot of Pitha which is not good for health. Keep all the items ready and in one pan fry (say 10 minutes) you can finish this Malai-Kaju curry.
Ingredients for Kaju Curry or Cashewnut Curry or Malai-Kaju Curry :
- Malai (Fresh Cream) – 4 Tbsp
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 2 tsp
- Chopped onion – 1
- Tomato – 2 medium sized
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Cashew nuts – 15
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 2 pinch
- Chopped Coriander leaves
Preparation Time : 20 min
How To Make Kaju Curry / Cashewnut Curry :
- The whole preparation can be completed in a frying pan.
- Pour ghee into the pan and heat the same. Add chopped onions, turmeric powder and fry till onion turns slightly golden in color. Then add green Chillies, Ginger to pan and continue frying.
- Once the Chillies are done, add chopped Tomatoes to the preparation and fry till the tomatoes become smooth.
- Finally add Salt, red Chilly powder, Garam Masala, Cashew nuts and Malai. Cook for 4-5 minutes in the pan. Ensure that you keep stirring while Malai curry is being cooked.
- Have this with Kulcha, Nan, Roti, Chapati etc. The dish looks great – reddish in color as seen above.
Note: Use fresh cream. If you use stocked cream the gravy may taste bitter.