Some people say Fried Rice is Chinese well some say it is north Indian. Wherever it is from, I say this Fried Rice is outstanding in its taste. Not much spicy, neither dull; Fried Rice combined with many colourful vegetables is adorable. Method of preparation is also simple. So you can easily make this dish at home with choice of veg-ingredients. Ajinomotto and Cilantro are optional. Vinegar and Soya sauce are readily available in market. Choose small rice, that is jeera rice for making this recipe. Serve hot the Fried Rice with tomato sauce.
Fried Rice Ingredients:
- Jeera Rice (Small Grained Rice)- 1 cup
- Onion (medium sized) – 1
- Green chilly – 2-3
- Carrot – 2
- Green Beans – 20 pieces
- Green Capsicum or Bell Pepper – 1
- Cabbage – 1/4 of a regular sized cabbage
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tasting or China Salt or Aginomoto (optional) – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro (optional)
Time to Prepare : 30 mins
How to Make Jeera Fried Rice:
- In a vessel, have 1 cup of Jeera rice. Add 2 cups of water to it. Place this in pressure cooker and leave it until you hear 2 whistles.
- Chop the Green chillies into small evenly sized pieces. Chop the other vegetables as well.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan. Upon heating, add green chillies to fry it a little. Then add chopped onions, fry them until the onions turn golden brown. Then add cut beans to this preparation. Fry the chopped beans in the oil for a minute or so and allow the beans to be cooked by placing a lid on the pan. Once the beans are cooked, add chopped carrot. Fry the carrots and leave them to be cooked fully by placing the lid.
- Once carrots are cooked, add chopped capsicum, fry the same. Once you are done with frying capsicum, add chopped cabbage to the preparation and cook by placing the lid for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the lid to add Salt, Pepper powder, Vinegar and Soya sauce. Keep mixing well with the spoon on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the boiled Jeera rice to the above cooked vegetable combination; mix thoroughly until rice mixes fully with the vegetables. Take care to see that rice is not cooked too much.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you prefer. Serve this with spicy Tomato Sauce (Hot and sweet Maggi sauce is my favorite).